General My Old 500 Up For Sale - Are they on Drugs!!

Currently reading:
General My Old 500 Up For Sale - Are they on Drugs!!

Punter in Glyn Hopkins St Albans this morning was having a full on flaming row with the salesman about what they had just offered him for his Honda trade in (I didn't catch which model).

They had offered him 8, and he said it would be sold at 12 by a dealer. Wife was trying to placate him. Ended up with a walk out. Ouch.

Last edited:
residuals and demand is still strong on 500's what you have to compare to is the RRP of a new car, remember there have been several significant price rises since launch

i would advise anyone selling a 500 to sell privately on ff and ebay classifieds

Wow, surprised the OP's car is still for sale at the same price. I suppose the dealers can afford to hold on to the cars for a while at least, but obviously the longer it goes without selling the more of a burden it becomes.

With our car, I'm wondering if it may have had new brakes/tyres fitted. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the notorious suspension parts needed doing as well (I never suffered from any of the "clonking" described on here, but that doesn't mean it was OK).

Realistically though I don't think it is worth any more than £7k - it has got air con which does make a big difference in terms of resale value for Pops, but that is about it.

:D

I think I do actually! Maybe I'll ask for some money off the first service on our new Panda if it gets shifted within a month...;)

Good answer. I'm sure they will tell you to bugger off but you will at least score some brownie points.

I was looking at a particular Golf when buying recently and found one that was almost perfect for me, that was a good price but just wasn't selling. This was almost certainly due to the description omitting a couple of rather important details (like it being a DSG not a manual).

I kept schtumm until such time as I bought a different car, but when the salesman called me a day or two later to ask if I was interested I told him I had bought a different car - and only then told him about the error.

Back