General My New Abarth

Currently reading:
General My New Abarth

Picked up the new Abarth last weekend. So far, so great! Trying hard to run it in gently. Failing a lot of the time.

White, leather. EsseEsse later maybe - titanium-coloured wheels.

A few pics then...

Jesus christ that's sex on wheels, very sexy wheels at that :yum:

I wish I could afford/justify borrowing enough money to go for the AGP, unfortunately I cant so for the time being I will have to drool over pictures of yours :eek:

Last edited:
What's great about this car is that it oooozzes class for a hot hatch. None of the Corsa VXR/Fiesta ST chaviness about it.

Very nice indeed magicmole.....enjoy(y)

Liking it! White's definitely best, and those alloys, too.

How d'ya feel about not having the door stripes? I'm having mine added by the dealer.

And did it come with the floor mats, or did you have to cough up for those yourself?

I forgot it came with the sub as standard, too...

Very nice car. Still glad I'm getting a red one, as it was the only colour that I didn't have a Strada Abarth in. I do really like them in white though, the contrast with all the black trim looks great.

The leather seats are just F**king amazing, absolutely love them.

Thanks to all of you, I'm hoping it's gonna be as good as it looks. It's hard not to turn back to look at it every time I leave it in the car park. Sad or what?

My wife's hanging her nose over an Abarth 500. However, apart from the not-so-small matter of the dosh, her Fiesta has been fitted with a towbar so we can fit a back rack. Apparently a 500 can be fitted with a detachable bar but the Abarth probably not. I've seen some pics of the leather seats for the Abarth (Auto Italia) and I prefer the ones in the AGP. It'll be interesting to see them in the flesh. The A500 will shift though!

Stripes? I'm undecided about them. I think I prefer it without - classier probably - and definitely without the mirror cappings. If I get the EsseEsse package I may not even have it badged. If I were to have the stripes then black. Red stripes, red mirrors - Mini!!

I stupidly forgot to ask about mats when I ordered the car so I got them from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Mats-to-f...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I'm going back to Chesterfield next week so I'll see if I get get some genuine ones. I bought replacement mats for my barchetta but they were not the same quality as the Fiat originals.

Touch? If you're in the area you're welcome. My driving will send you to sleep though:devil:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Can the Abarth owners not get their own section?? Talk about rubbing it ya face!!

On a more serious note thats awesome moley! if i wasn't broke to epic levles i'd have a red one with skydome and leather on order :)

Nice. :cool:

We're looking at one on Tuesday - white is the only choice.

I have a few questions though, if you'd be kind enough to answer?

# Does it come with an alarm? I've heard it doesn't

# Is the alcantara interior standard? Think I prefer this to the leather

# Are the stripes & mirror backs vinyl or paint?

# Does yours have the Assette (sp) kit or is it standard?

# Any idea how much servicing costs? Was told it needs to be done every 6k

# Any issues with build quality?

Cheers

I've filled in the answers below.

Nice. :cool:

We're looking at one on Tuesday - white is the only choice.

I have a few questions though, if you'd be kind enough to answer?

# Does it come with an alarm? I've heard it doesn't NO

# Is the alcantara interior standard? Think I prefer this to the leather YES

# Are the stripes & mirror backs vinyl or paint? THINK THE STRIPES ARE VINYL, MIRRORS ARE PAINTED

# Does yours have the Assette (sp) kit or is it standard? MINE'S STANDARD

# Any idea how much servicing costs? Was told it needs to be done every 6k NOT SURE OF COST, WAS TOLD AROUND £130 - NEEDS TO BE DONE EVERY 12 MONTHS OR 18,000 MILES, WHICHEVER SOONER

# Any issues with build quality? NOT YET

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. (y)

Shame about the alarm. Though all new cars came with alarms these days :confused:

I had a good look at a black Abarth today and it's definitely the worst colour. I think that it's the only colour that needs the bodykit colour coded with the paintwork, as the contrast between the two different black finishes doesn't quite work.

Super car, Mick:cool: Nice pics and if you want to come to Germany next year with us low life 'b' drivers then I will certainly make an exception if you are bringing the Abarth!!(y)

Super car, Mick:cool: Nice pics and if you want to come to Germany next year with us low life 'b' drivers then I will certainly make an exception if you are bringing the Abarth!!(y)
Hi Steve
Thanks, and you never know I might take you up on that. You got a good turnout for the last run, it's a shame we missed it.

Back