Fiat Cinquecento 1.0i Sporting 004.jpg

Cinquecento My Metallic Blue 1998 Cinquecento 1.1 Sporting.

Introduction

Hi well, i only joined the forum just a few day ago because i purchased this little 1998 cinqu 1.1 sporting as my little project just purely as a runaround:Djust so i do not have to drive my 2.0 16v Espace about,

I am not quite sure what iam going to be doing to it its far from being a perfict cinqu and with lots of tlc i hope in time it will be,

Well it has a years ticket on it and i have it garaged and hope to get stuck in about it in the next few weeks with a good check over mechanically then a clean top to bottom and then one of my first jobs after this is to replace the Rocker cover Gasket as it running a little at the front and then and only then will i start to sex it up a little:eek:

Cheers Scuderia

p.s Anyone now if this Blue Metallic paint colour has a name???
Reactions: blu73
i have a spare somewhere that is an alloy with a air-less tyre on it, mad thing it is!! Would you be interested in that perhaps if my dad doesn't want it. Can't see why he or my uncle would want it now none of the cars have a space for a spare lol...

Here's a pic of it on my old van, i know it looks tiny there but 99.9% sure its actually a 17" wheel.

Thanks dude but I doubt I will ever need it.....that said never say never eh,apart from that my wheels are 16",remember it's only a C-Class C200 SE Classic Kompresser not a bloody AMG lol.....posh boy lmfao.

Edit: apart from that i will now only own it for another year, happy days......Next track car maybe,i doubt the OH would allow it.

Last edited:
Update,

Nothing special,i could have bought one and it would have been much better looking than my attempt:D, but that would have been to easy,apart from that i had some alloy tread plate left over from a job i did last year,waist not want not as they say eh,

So i quickly made up a small battery tray to house my small battery,

Iam working on other stuff as we speak but more on that in a few days:),

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited:
remember it's only a C-Class C200 SE Classic Kompresser not a bloody AMG lol.....posh boy lmfao.

ah we never had an AMG either, my van was a converted panel van with fake amg wheels (2 of them got cracked rims during my ownership).
The CLK is just a 320 with amg body kit, wheels and suspension fitted as factory option (front bumper got broken though so has some silly aftermarket one atm, money issues and not being able to find a replacement amg bumper for less than the value of the whole car)
There is the SL which is a 500, that thing is pretty quick!! the AMG i believe is almost the same engine with a supercharger, must be proper mad car.
And the ML which is a 430 with brabus wheels, suspension and arch kit and some chrome side bars and bull-bar.

None of them were that expensive when bought in the grand scheme, lets just say they all cost less than a new 500 abarth would set you back now.

ah we never had an AMG either, my van was a converted panel van with fake amg wheels (2 of them got cracked rims during my ownership).
The CLK is just a 320 with amg body kit, wheels and suspension fitted as factory option (front bumper got broken though so has some silly aftermarket one atm, money issues and not being able to find a replacement amg bumper for less than the value of the whole car)
There is the SL which is a 500, that thing is pretty quick!! the AMG i believe is almost the same engine with a supercharger, must be proper mad car.
And the ML which is a 430 with brabus wheels, suspension and arch kit and some chrome side bars and bull-bar.

None of them were that expensive when bought in the grand scheme, lets just say they all cost less than a new 500 abarth would set you back now.

I do appreciate the offer though:),i still find it strange that the studs off my Kompressers alloys will not work with the steel spare though
thumb_down.gif
,Crazy,that said Renault don't give you spare wheel with some of there models knowadays, as i had to buy a space saver for my 02 2.0 16v Espace when i bought it....i think that can be said for alot of manufacturers knowadays.....stupid!,

Getting back on track,

I should have another update for the Cento today:)....all going well,and the 13" steel wheels should arrive today?, as they were picked up yesterday in Southhampton:cool:,

My plans for the steel wheels are simple,clean them up, sand prime and paint them black again, but i do plane to paint the front face white then fit a set of gravel tyres for show and events only.......they should look good when finished,one of the steels is an odd wheel compaired to the other 3 though, but i have managed to find a match from James:cool:,just need to get it delivered once he has the tyre removed,then i can make a start to them,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited:
Hi all,

God no updates in 3 months then 2 in a week:),

Again nothing special, but something ive been meaning to do for while,

Anyone that track days there car will know it gets hot when your out on the track doing 10 laps at a time.....very hot!,so ive been looking to get rid of the heating system......i could have just done away with the heater matrix,but i decided to get rid of the complete system and replace it with a new in-line fan that i got from Rally Spares,i don't use the car in the winter as its garaged so not much need for heat:D,but i still need a ventilation system as i keep a fine balance of keeping this car MOT'ed for events and shows not just track days,

Heating System Out

New 3" in-line Fan

Some 3" Air Ducting

Ive not finished it yet, i still need to get a alloy air expansion box welded up so it can join up to the venting system in behind the bulkhead,so at the minute i only have air blasting out the middle vets on the dash......so that will do for now until i can fab up a box then get someone to weld it up,all the measurements have been taken i just need to get myself some 1.5mm alloy sheet,more on that in the weeks to come,

So once the heating system is removed your left with a big hole:D,so i made a plate from some 3mm tread plate i had kicking about,

So with some cutting and bending and with the use of foam and sealant i got it to this stage,

I had to make up a bracket so the fan itself was position off the bulk head shelf, so when water drips in its not sitting in water, although it is marine safe so its a little water proof,

When wiring it up a just used the old heating wiring loom so no big headache there,its still fuse protected and in the same place,but i did have to fit a new 25amp LED toggle switch and also mod the dash a little,

25amp Blue LED Toggle Switch

Dashboard

Its a little noisy but works well, but when your out on the track wearing a helmet you'll not even hear it,

Next job,should have another little update in a few days,

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited:
Hi All,

Well i managed to get the strut brace back in this morning and the heater matrix pipes shorted and joined back up and some water put back the coolant tank,not that i lost much to be honest,only what was in the matrix and pipe work before hand,

I also fitted a new helmet net in the rear as my other was home made job, its a double net type with an opening in at one side so you can slip the helmets inside so they don't roll about when in transit,

That's about it for now, more in a few days time,

Cheers Scuderia

Attachments

• DSC_0142.jpg
    DSC_0142.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0143.jpg
    DSC_0143.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0144.jpg
    DSC_0144.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0154.jpg
    DSC_0154.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0155.jpg
    DSC_0155.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Hi All,

Well i had some spare time on me hands this morning,so i was able to sand prime degrease and paint this odd spare wheel satin black,turned out well i thought:),

Just another 4 to go,but the outer face on them will be painted white then fitted with gravel tyres,

That's all folks,more in a few days?,all going well,

Cheers Scuderia

Attachments

• DSC_0161.jpg
    DSC_0161.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0160.jpg
    DSC_0160.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0159.jpg
    DSC_0159.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0158.jpg
    DSC_0158.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0157.jpg
    DSC_0157.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
Hi All,

Well i ordered myself some roll cage tubing,not allot, just enough to replace my old rear brace that i had fitted which was only 1" box section and since fitting the spare wheel back in the car using an alloy wheel post from rally spares last summer i thought the box section was a little inadequate, so replaced it using some roll cage tubing,

So after a little light fab work and stick welding....not my strong point, followed by a little sanding priming and painting here we have it,

Its now probely brace and weight overload as i have already another brace bolted alongside the chassis leg just forward of the rear hatch but not to worry,

Should have another small update later in the week?,all going well,

Cheers Scuderia

Attachments

• DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0063(1).jpg
    DSC_0063(1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 125
Ooo i like that rear rear brace, that home-made?

Yeah there all home made using 1m off cuts of roll cage I won on eBay,and the 3mm flat plate also from eBay,I done the rear brace and other a while back trying out me new arc welder, really onlying had time to finish them off over the last week or so,

Cheers Scuderia

Hi All,

Well the 13" steels wheels i got have now been sanded degreased and primed,

Iam more or less now just waiting on the 4th wheel from another member then i can finish them off with some satin black and white gloss,

I didn't put to much work into them if iam honest just enough to have them looking good again,should look good with a set of gravel tyres fitted when on the car,

Cheers Scuderia

Attachments

• DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0171.jpg
    DSC_0171.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Hi Folks,

Right ive had to shelf the wheels until the other arrives, so ive moved onto something else,so this will be one of the last update for a while,

When i fitted the spare wheel into the car last summer by fitting an alloy spare wheel post from rally spares, i obscured one of the lifeline fire extinguisher jets, so i had to relocate it,no big job,so while i was there i decided to add another jet so ordered a few parts,

10mm FIA Zero 2000 lifeline jet

10mm Equal T-Piece

2m x 10mm Semi Rigid Pipe

I had to fab up a couple of alloy brackets to mount the jets but that was no big deal,as i had a few off cuts of 3mm plate kicking about the garage,

Jet Brackets

So i know have 2 jets covering the fuel system as apposed to one,

I also had a spare 3" flexible air duct and ram left over from fitting the new ventilation system but not keen on making big holes in my new bumper:D, i opted just to make up a few stainless steel brackets and mount the air ram and ducting just below the height of the front bumper just enough to pick up the air flow.......not perfect, but it will do as iam not chopping me bumper up:D,if it turns out not to be any good i can always remove it,no big deal,

The air duct itself does not go all the way to cone filter on the induction kit, it falls short by about 6" but close enough to feed it some cool air,

That's it folks for while as ive ran out of cash and steam:D,should have a few more updates this summer though, just not sure when?,although i do hope to have the steel wheels finished over the next few weeks,

All the best Scuderia

Awite:),

Well i got the front face on the steel wheels finished yesterday.....at long last,3 coats of Ford Diamond White and a coat of lacquar,

Just need to order a set of medium compound offroad gravel tyres,iam not sure on size yet?,propely a 175,65,13",no rush though as the car will not be on the road this year,probely get a set over the Winter Months?,unless i see a set at a bargan price:D,

I have myself a spare set of good stainless steel wheel valves in the garage,is it ok to use steel valves on steels rims?,its ok isn't it?:eek:,no big deal if its not, i can just fit rubber valves if needs must,

Whats next?,nothing for while iam afraid, but i should have another update before the winter sets in before late Oct:)......tick toc,

All the best Scuderia

Attachments

• op53.jpg
    op53.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 5pym.jpg
    5pym.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • fdks.jpg
    fdks.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 89
Hi Peeps,

Right its getting near that time of year again when i shut up shop?,unless its a very mild Winter......doubt it:rolleyes:,

So i ordered a few new parts for the car:), some have arrived:cool:,one hasn't:(,but with what has, Ive made a little more progress,

Iam not a lover of body kits, but i do like a wide arch kit,but seeing as iam rubbish at glass fibre i just decided to order this arch trim kit from Tuning GT on eBay,Thanks to Blu for the link(y),

To be honest its a good kit for the money,now i don't like sill trims, so opted not to fit a set with this arch kit,.but by doing this the trim finishes off very brutally at the sill, so i made up some alloy plates using some 1.5mm tread plate i had kicking about the garage,

Iam also not keen on a smooth filled finish, so i bought some 10mm rubber u-channel to finish them off, so there is clear line to split them from the car panels to arch kit,

I also opted to paint them myself using some paint i had made up,481a (Acrylic),not the best i know,but for a diy finish iam happy enough with it,

481a (Acrylic)

Primer

Tiger Seal

So after a little trimming cutting sanding de-greasing and painting, here we have it

I then broke out the Tiger Seal and clamps:D,

Like i said i decided to finish them off using some tread plate and also got the front flaps fitted back on, as i has to remove them as they fowled the new ache trims where i once had them fitted,no big deal though, they just needed moved back a little,

Should have another update soon once this other part arrives?,

Cheers Scuderia

Awesome quality! :)

they look great, quite chunky... chunkier than i thought they would be.

Those might look good matte black, on a red or blue Cinq S with black bumpers (y)

Cheers guys,

I can't glass fibre,or at least to this quality anyway,as much as there listed as a wide arch kit.........there not over kill(y), more a trim i would say, once fitted they add about 20-30mm,iam sure they would look good with side skirts,but like a said there just not for me,

I did have a problem fitting the fronts though but that was due to me using larger tyres:(, the under side lip is a little deep for my 185/60/13, so i had to remove half the underside lip on this kit so i had plenty of tyre buffing clearance,sorry i meant to add that to my thread just incase others bought the kit then just stuck theres on,i was lucky as i mocked mine up first with blue tac:D,so noticed this problem before painting

Dan i was looking for a kit that was black moulded plastic?,just like my bumbers, but theres none out there:(, unless you use another kit for another make of car,in the end i just opted to use the imola,

Cheers Scuderia

Alwite Guys & Girls

Last update of the year:),

Well i bought myself a new GSR induction kit from Torque7,

Its just a rough fit at the minute, as my oil catch tank that i had fitted at the front beside the passenger headlight was located there to work with the Focus induction kit i had fitted beforehand,but because time was against me i choose to keep it there....Lazy more like:D,but this makes the catch tank pipes way too long,i will make up a bracket next Spring and relocate it on the bulk head beside the battery,but this will do for now:),

Ive still to give the car a light wash before storing it away for the Winter,so i will take some images of it before i do and post some up,see you aboot............

Cheers Scuderia

Attachments

• 1185646_10202236502058092_636383006_n.jpg
    1185646_10202236502058092_636383006_n.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 82
  • 554559_10202236502818111_1369189348_n.jpg
    554559_10202236502818111_1369189348_n.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 1235936_10202236502418101_2131226643_n.jpg
    1235936_10202236502418101_2131226643_n.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 74
  • 1236323_10202236501778085_1961917440_n.jpg
    1236323_10202236501778085_1961917440_n.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 943330_10202251467712224_37615791_n.jpg
    943330_10202251467712224_37615791_n.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Alwite

Well i had some time on my hands yesterday to get the Fiat cleaned up along with the garage after a few months of work, so as promised here you have some new images of the car after it got its face washed:D,

Well thats it from me till next Spring:),i will probely buy some bits and pieces over the winter months and try a get myself a set of gravel tyres for the steel rims but there will be no more work done on the car till Spring 2014,

All the best Scuderia

Attachments

• 1236470_10202311907743187_1544626709_n.jpg
    1236470_10202311907743187_1544626709_n.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 15091_10202311908583208_1707351442_n.jpg
    15091_10202311908583208_1707351442_n.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 603889_10202311909783238_2018405079_n.jpg
    603889_10202311909783238_2018405079_n.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 1236252_10202311906863165_1643008201_n.jpg