Fiat Cinquecento 1.0i Sporting 004.jpg

Cinquecento My Metallic Blue 1998 Cinquecento 1.1 Sporting.

Introduction

Hi well, i only joined the forum just a few day ago because i purchased this little 1998 cinqu 1.1 sporting as my little project just purely as a runaround:Djust so i do not have to drive my 2.0 16v Espace about,

I am not quite sure what iam going to be doing to it its far from being a perfict cinqu and with lots of tlc i hope in time it will be,

Well it has a years ticket on it and i have it garaged and hope to get stuck in about it in the next few weeks with a good check over mechanically then a clean top to bottom and then one of my first jobs after this is to replace the Rocker cover Gasket as it running a little at the front and then and only then will i start to sex it up a little:eek:

Cheers Scuderia

p.s Anyone now if this Blue Metallic paint colour has a name???
Reactions: blu73
Re: My Metallic Blue 1998 Cinquecento 1.1 Sporting

Anthracite the wheels, tints to the bk 3 windows and youve got a nice cinq not thats its not nice enough alredi

Hi joe liking the look of that Punto(y)iam more than happy to take your advice,there is so many things i would like to do to it:D but sometimes the simplest is the best,thanks

Cheers Scuderia

Update

Well i went to my local Motor factors today and got my Rocker Cover Gasket so i hope to get that done tomorrow and cure this oil leak and then i can start to give it a good clean top to bottom,

Price of the Gasket £4.10(y)Happy Days

Cheers Scuderia

Attachments

• Fiat engine 010.jpg
    Fiat engine 010.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 182

Well i got the rocker cover gasket replaced yesterday with not problems, as you can see in the pic's clearly where it was leaking from at the front edge (n) in the pic,

Well i striped it down cleaned and replaced it and used some instant gasket sealant on each end of the cam on the corners just to help seal it and i then placed the cover back on and tightened up the bolts and bobs your uncle (y) no more leaks :cool:

Cheers Scuderia

Attachments

• Rocker Cover Gasket 016.jpg
    Rocker Cover Gasket 016.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 281
  • Rocker Cover Gasket 017.jpg
    Rocker Cover Gasket 017.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Rocker Cover Gasket 019.jpg
    Rocker Cover Gasket 019.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Rocker Cover Gasket 026.jpg
    Rocker Cover Gasket 026.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Rocker Cover Gasket 027.jpg
    Rocker Cover Gasket 027.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 204

Looking good :p I like the cinq's :p good colour too :p colour code is under the bonnet on a shiney sticker or in the boot pan under the carpet :) looks mint tho :p good engine too :)

Nice work Scuderia.:)

Whats next for the Cinq?.

Hi Lagdti:) well ideally the timing belt next,the car is now 10 years old and when i had the rocker cover off yesterday i took a little peek at the belt and the rubber looks to be in good order with no hard wearing marks about it but i tend to be heavy footed in this car :D to much fun not to be :D :cool: so i think i will go for it in the next month,

i took the old trusted tape deck out of it today (n) and have a single CD player in the house ready to replace it sometime this week,i took the time today to trace the wire coming from the back parcel shelf to the stereo compartment and seem to be OK,well no joins in then from both sets of front and rear speaker wires, in time i might change them for something newer we will see what the funds are like as i go along :( ??,all the original wiring loom is still there and what looks like its been hard wired at some point beyond the original block connector so fingers crossed my CD player will plug into either original or hard wired block connector when i come to do it?,

After this i would like to get the car washed and valeted outside and in as well as the engine compartment cleaned up from the oil leak then get it up on the axle stands in the garage and get the wheels off and make a decision to have them reconditioned or not or replace them,but any further than that iam not quite sure whats next after this,god this is fun :cool:

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited:

Looking good :p I like the cinq's :p good colour too :p colour code is under the bonnet on a shiney sticker or in the boot pan under the carpet :) looks mint tho :p good engine too :)

Cheers GP14 (y) As i said before its not the best car but in time and lots of tlc i hope it it will be,yeah i was in the boot the other day looking about as you do when you buy a new car :) i came across plate and engine No etc

Cheers for the (y) Scuderia

l ideally the timing belt next
Timing belt is like really easy do :) although if it snaps it wont cause damage to any part of the engine :) just inconveince of you breaking down, but as you say, 10 years old :) fiat recoomend you change them 72,000 or 5 years :p im a bit sad lol does look like a tidy car tho :p

Timing belt is like really easy do :) although if it snaps it wont cause damage to any part of the engine :) just inconveince of you breaking down, but as you say, 10 years old :) fiat recoomend you change them 72,000 or 5 years :p im a bit sad lol does look like a tidy car tho :p

Hi GP yeah there good that way if they do go ping lol,the Belt that is on it is a HQ belt so it has been done before from the orginal Fiat belt so someone has had the time to do it at it sheduled interval of 72k or 5 years what ever came first but its due again,cars yeah why do we love them lol(y)well i got a price the other day just of the top of my head 104 toothed belt kit was about £25 and 125 toothed belt was £29 so i was well pleased with that:cool: so as i said i will get it done myself very soon before i do make it go pop lol,

Cheers Scuderia

Hi GP yeah there good that way if they do go ping lol,the Belt that is on it is a HQ belt so it has been done before from the orginal Fiat belt so someone has had the time to do it at it sheduled interval of 72k or 5 years what ever came first but its due again,cars yeah why do we love them lol(y)well i got a price the other day just of the top of my head 104 toothed belt kit was about £25 and 125 toothed belt was £29 so i was well pleased with that:cool: so as i said i will get it done myself very soon before i do make it go pop lol,

Cheers Scuderia
best belt to use is a GATES POWER belt :) best on the market and you might be aswell fitting a kit :) i did a uno once wi same engine, and the lady was complaing that it was squeaking for a bit, when i looked the tensioner had seized :( belt was just going round it lol good thing i keep spares in my tool box :) 15 mins later she drove away wi a smile her face :) an hour late she was back :( she reveresed it into another car lol

best belt to use is a GATES POWER belt :) best on the market and you might be aswell fitting a kit :) i did a uno once wi same engine, and the lady was complaing that it was squeaking for a bit, when i looked the tensioner had seized :( belt was just going round it lol good thing i keep spares in my tool box :) 15 mins later she drove away wi a smile her face :) an hour late she was back :( she reveresed it into another car lol

Hi not that sure if it was a power belt but it was a Gates belt,thats what i have fitted to my Espace 16v last year,good belts well i think so for the money,

Sounds like she did not have much luck i bet she was near :cry:ah well the joys of motoering yeah:rolleyes:

Cheers for the (y) gp

All the best Scuberia

Last edited:

Nice looking cinq that (y)

As said, belt is no big job on one of these, can be done in half hour to 40 mins. Get over in the cento section and say hi ;) (unless i missed that thread already lol)

Hi Blu73,Cheers(y)when i did join the forum i did start a welcome Thread but not in the cinqu section :eek: but consider it done,

see you about Scuderia:)

You can gett hem cheaper than that. No kit, AFAIK, for the Cinq, but it really makes sense to do the tensioner at the same time -- they have a very hard life.

As for mods, 14" MOs, Punto GT front disks and white Sei mirrors, of course.

I have 2 imola blue Cinqs.

You can gett hem cheaper than that. No kit, AFAIK, for the Cinq, but it really makes sense to do the tensioner at the same time -- they have a very hard life.

As for mods, 14" MOs, Punto GT front disks and white Sei mirrors, of course.

I have 2 imola blue Cinqs.

Hi fingers99(y) there seems to be that much going on in my head with regards to what iam going to do to the chinqu :D but iam thinking of saving the original alloys and getting the painted Ford Diamond White and then lacquered???or new wheels but we will just have to wait and see:),just out of interest where are you from?iam Up in Scotland,

Oh are the Punto front disc's just a straight swap for the originals on the cinqu??

You have a good taste in cars and colour(y):D

Cheers Scuderia

Last edited:
Back