front.jpg

Grande Punto My GP Sporting.

Introduction

Gave the car a good cleaning yesterday so thought it was about time i put some pics up. Car is standard at the moment.
Re: Proud owner of a GPS Mjet

payney1, do you use the M53?, reason being I travel from Ellesmere Port to Seaforth Dock, I have got an Exotica Red Mjet 130 (though I must say your's does look the biz!!) so keep an eye out for me.

Nice one Kop32

I like your user name btw

I don't use the M53 that much mate, however, i do live around the corner from where you work. PM me your hours of work and when your in work and stuff maybe we could meet up and have a chat.

Thanks for your comments on the car mate, took me nearly 2 full days of cleaning.

two mjets better than one mjet :D

Neil

Chemical grey is the best colour :nerner:

Seriously though like Ffoxy said it's a personal taste and i have to thank AlanHod for convincing me on the colour. It's a far nicer colour when you look at the car in the flesh than you actually realise.

I'll be getting some proper car wash and polish stuff at a later stage, after i have saved up to go to this stupid on/off/on wedding!

Nice one.

Neil.

Me convince you? When did I do that?!?! :confused:

Ffoxy - it's not a generalisation, just my biased opinion. If I was buying new i would have defiantely gone for white.

Nice one, cheers planecrazy, whats your name btw. Nice to hear from another scouser keep a look out for me (and monkey - pasenger side rear window) on the motorways (y)

99% of the time you'll find me taking it easy!

Neil.
Hey Panyey /Neil , its Cliff.
I use the M62 every other weekend visiting me ma/da in Hunts X.

When i get a moment and clean the MJ i`ll post a few pics .

week days i fly down the M60 clockwise via Stockport to Sharston to work.
07 Dynamic in Rock n Roll blue

Hey Panyey /Neil , its Cliff.
I use the M62 every other weekend visiting me ma/da in Hunts X.

When i get a moment and clean the MJ i`ll post a few pics .

week days i fly down the M60 clockwise via Stockport to Sharston to work.
07 Dynamic in Rock n Roll blue

Nice one cliff i'll keep a look out for you in an around the area. What colour is yours mate

Neil

I had completely forgotten that!! I better stop drinking!

On second thoughts, no, who needs short term memory :).

Sounds good to me. I could do with a bit of short term memory loss myself.

Time to crack open those bottles of beer :D

Have you got any pics up of yours since adding the side stripes? Would like to see what they look like.

Last edited:

Just thought i would post some new pics up.

I haven't done much since buying the car, just plenty of TLC, enjoying the car's power and fuel economy.

I replace the egg yolk indicator bulbs yesterday and omg they look so much better, i also replaced the standard headlamp bulbs for some philips extreme 80 % brighter.

Headlamps before, with standard egg yolk look indicator bulbs, and headlamps after with silver indicator bulbs fitted.

Attachments

• DSC00712.JPG
    DSC00712.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
  • DSC00713.JPG
    DSC00713.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:

As the weather has been quite good this week i decided to give my car a little bit of a detailing session, though i ended up having to rush it as i knew i was going to run out of light.

Products used:

Snow foam from autobrite - i wasn't too impressed with this stuff as the car was still quite dirty, though it was absolutely minging.
Lambs wool wash mitt
Bit hambler - autowash, soft clay, polish (can't remember it's name) - well impressed with this stuff

Before

Snow foamed

After washing with bit hambler

Finished article - the day after

As the lighter nights come in i'll be able to spend longer and take more time as i really rushed the claying and polishing part :)

Bit Hambler is very impressive

Comments and thoughts welcome (y)

Last edited:

Were did you get ur snowfoam kit from? Fancied trying this to mine when detailed it last time

Snow foam is from Autobrite? (think thats what they are called) if you have a look in the group buy section you can get it cheaper, but i believe the bit hambler stuff is supposed to be good, and judging by what i have seen of bit hambler already it wouldn't surprise me. I'm stuck with two tubs of the stuff so will have to get some BH snow foam when this runs out (y)

Finally got round to getting my springs (Eibach Sport Lines) fitted a few weeks ago, and what a difference it makes, puts an even bigger smile on my face now :D

Well worth the money.

Looking forward to doing other things to it in the near future.

Finally got round to getting my springs (Eibach Sport Lines) fitted a few weeks ago, and what a difference it makes, puts an even bigger smile on my face now :D

Well worth the money.

Looking forward to doing other things to it in the near future.

Hi Neil, long time since we last spoke hope all is well with you.

your MJ is looking pretty good and always clean:slayer:

I drove home from Livepool last Sunday night got home and the headlights wont turn off unless the ignition is turned off, anyway got the AA man out who said it more than likely the light switch on the indicator stalk busted so its booked into my local Fiat dealer tomorrow afternoon and I hope its covered under the 3rd year warranty.

Cliff (also LFC fan (y) )

Hi Neil, long time since we last spoke hope all is well with you.

your MJ is looking pretty good and always clean:slayer:

I drove home from Livepool last Sunday night got home and the headlights wont turn off unless the ignition is turned off, anyway got the AA man out who said it more than likely the light switch on the indicator stalk busted so its booked into my local Fiat dealer tomorrow afternoon and I hope its covered under the 3rd year warranty.

Cliff (also LFC fan (y) )

Thanks for your comments Cliff (y)

Unfortunately mate 3rd year warranty is engine and drive train only, so indicator stalk won't be covered. Phone around other dealers and see if the price varies - if it's anything like fiats servicing :D

I had the AA out to my car two weeks ago, just two days before going on holiday - doh!! lol Tootering along the road and engine management light came on - check engine - got home a few minutes later, pulled bonnet up, yep engines still there lol. Turns out it was the EGR valve, which was replaced last Friday during it's second year service.

Nice to see another LFC fan on here :devil:

Thanks for your comments Cliff (y)

Unfortunately mate 3rd year warranty is engine and drive train only, so indicator stalk won't be covered. Phone around other dealers and see if the price varies - if it's anything like fiats servicing :D

I had the AA out to my car two weeks ago, just two days before going on holiday - doh!! lol Tootering along the road and engine management light came on - check engine - got home a few minutes later, pulled bonnet up, yep engines still there lol. Turns out it was the EGR valve, which was replaced last Friday during it's second year service.

Nice to see another LFC fan on here :devil:

yes a few of us on FF - must be something to do with the 5 Euro cups we have:slayer:

well i`ll see what Fiat say here in Manc land and hope its a quick repair like the AA man said assuming it is the light stalk.
coincidently the AA man told me if ever the engine management light comes on not to take the car to the main dealers as they charge a small fortune just to diagnose the fault so your case highlights this if anyone has doubts just call your AA/RAC etc .

cheers(y)

yes a few of us on FF - must be something to do with the 5 Euro cups we have:slayer:

LMFAO

well i`ll see what Fiat say here in Manc land and hope its a quick repair like the AA man said assuming it is the light stalk.
coincidently the AA man told me if ever the engine management light comes on not to take the car to the main dealers as they charge a small fortune just to diagnose the fault so your case highlights this if anyone has doubts just call your AA/RAC etc .

cheers(y)

For the past few months i have been taking my car to Forward Autos in St Helens, and the service is really good, by far better than any other Fiat dealer i have dealt with, and i've dealt with 4, though one of them, the one in Bootle, has recently been flattened and is about to become a Lidl.

Not sure how much the indicator stalks cost, but i think they are really simple to fit, i stand corrected if they're not lol.

That's a good idea about getting the AA/RAC out to read your engine fault code lol.

The dealer did not think it was the EGR valve at first cause there was no loss in performance, thankfully, but it had failed open as opposed to shut, something which they had not seen before - everyday's a school day :D

Re: The GPS Mjet

I've done the cheapest and best modification - FF stickers :cool:

Still to do:

Will be going for a remap this year. Will be taking a trip down south to visit Red Dot.

Vinyl the front.

Paint the calipers.

Replacement Airfilter - probably a K&N one.

Forge underbody braces.

(y)

Back