Styling My GP Reconditioned White Alloy's...

Currently reading:
Styling My GP Reconditioned White Alloy's...

in my opinion the white wheels are really different and nice but they take away the polished finished of the m-jet wheels which makes them glitter in all kinds of light stunning looking and expensive looking something white wheels can never do:D

I completely agree

40 mm is crazy unless you are anorexic and only carry a toothbrush in the glove compartment........:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I completely disagree!

40mm is nothing at all especially on a car like the GP which sits really high anyway.

This is my old mk2 and this was lowered 50mm with alot of heavy stuff inside and it doesn't look 'crazy' ;)

selling.jpg

i lowered my 05 plate 1.416v sporting by 30mm with expensive 17"s on it handled a lot better,but i dare not take 2 passengers in it 1 was bad enough the tyres would scrub of the inner Arch's you lower a sporting by 40mm you will get the same problem.20mm is the max i would lower it.the standard abarth is only 10mm lower 20mm lower in the esseesse than a sporting.why havnt fiat lowered it 40mm......????/:)

i lowered my 05 plate 1.416v sporting by 30mm with expensive 17"s on it handled a lot better,but i dare not take 2 passengers in it 1 was bad enough the tyres would scrub of the inner Arch's you lower a sporting by 40mm you will get the same problem.20mm is the max i would lower it.the standard abarth is only 10mm lower 20mm lower in the esseesse than a sporting.why havnt fiat lowered it 40mm......????/:)

mk2's and mk2bs can go extremely low on large wheels with no scrubbing if the right offset of wheel is used.

If thats your argument I could say, "why didn't fiat supercharge the abarth instead of turbo it"

There was probably no need to go 40mm with he abarth, at the end of the day suspension upgrades are there for handling and if the handling is fine at 30mm then they will leave it at that. 40mm will probably be too harsh of a ride for the general public buying the abarth.

Hence why manufacturers make springs in 30mm 40mm 50mm and so on, the handling doesn't change as much but it's personal preference to ride height.

thats your personal point of veiw in general if you lower a car too much it gets very hard to live with giving the state of british roads very few and far between to find a very smooth road.so if you want the boy scrape your ass of the road racer look by all means.thats your choice.also warrenty issues on a £13k car?do it in 3years ounce it runs out:)

thats your personal point of veiw in general if you lower a car too much it gets very hard to live with giving the state of british roads very few and far between to find a very smooth road.so if you want the boy scrape your ass of the road racer look by all means.thats your choice.also warrenty issues on a £13k car?do it in 3years ounce it runs out:)

I'd hardly call 40mm 'boy racer scrape'. If the abarth is 30mm lower than standard then the 10mm difference in that and 40mm springs isn't enough to make a car too boy racery. take a standard GP, lower it 10mm and you probably wouldn't even notice. So the abarth almost looks boy racery does it?

There are no warranty issues, (unless theres a problem with the suspension of course :) )

Sleeping policemen, other lumpy traffic calming, kerbs, potholes.

UK just isnt good for lowering too much.

Soz Kris! :D

50mm on 17's all the way, no rubbing, never had a problem with humps or anything, right offset and tyre size and its easy, would have gone lower, wanted about 90 but got rid as px for GPS. That thing was more relaible sat on the floor than the shed of a sporting i have now

DSCF0373.jpg

Last edited:
50mm on 17's all the way, no rubbing, never had a problem with humps or anything, right offset and tyre size and its easy, would have gone lower, wanted about 90 but got rid as px for GPS. That thing was more relaible sat on the floor than the shed of a sporting i have now

DSCF0373.jpg

thats just silly looking boys 1st car enough said.

thats just silly looking boys 1st car enough said.

How does it look silly? you never changed a car in anyway when you were younger? thats if you arent young at the mo, and if you aint how does it fel haveing the same car as a silly young boy?

"silly young boy "i never said you where. it was the suspension on that 60 odd bhp punto i was referring to.as for having the same car as you refer as a shed.that will be rectified in the new year.you refer to your gp as a shed must have something to do with the smash you had they are never the same after that:confused:

"silly young boy "i never said you where. it was the suspension on that 60 odd bhp punto i was referring to.as for having the same car as you refer as a shed.that will be rectified in the new year.you refer to your gp as a shed must have something to do with the smash you had they are never the same after that:confused:

my age + insurance = 60bhp car!! and it did struggle to 70mph but it was my first car and i like it lol

i know nothing about your car and the shed is wholely referring to my own. After the crash its being ok, nothing damaged at the mo is a direct result of the crash, its the pot hole on the m1 that played with the steering rack and i seem to have every single fiat 'standard' problem going!! thinking about it the brakes have started groaning when going backwards and the ciggarette lighter doesnt charge my phone anymore, or make the lighter hot, hence the shed, but it sure is a pretty shed!! witha rocking chair built in!!

my age + insurance = 60bhp car!! and it did struggle to 70mph but it was my first car and i like it lol

i know nothing about your car and the shed is wholely referring to my own. After the crash its being ok, nothing damaged at the mo is a direct result of the crash, its the pot hole on the m1 that played with the steering rack and i seem to have every single fiat 'standard' problem going!! thinking about it the brakes have started groaning when going backwards and the ciggarette lighter doesnt charge my phone anymore, or make the lighter hot, hence the shed, but it sure is a pretty shed!! witha rocking chair built in!!

i know how you feel my 1st 6-8 months ownership of the gp m-jet where a ightmare too but the last 12 months have been trouble free apart from the smash i had just after you did £4kof damage yours was £5 you beat me by a grande get it?:D

i know how you feel my 1st 6-8 months ownership of the gp m-jet where a ightmare too but the last 12 months have been trouble free apart from the smash i had just after you did £4kof damage yours was £5 you beat me by a grande get it?:D

no, ive been at work for 12 hours and my brain hurts!!

Back