Styling My First post, my new exhaust.

Currently reading:
Styling My First post, my new exhaust.

i'll stick to a k&n panel filter lol
well surley if you say an induction kit kills fuel consumption, sticking to a panel wont help. To my unserstanding (correct me if im wrong) an induction kit allows more air into the engine, and by fitting correctly colder air. Colder air is denser and therfore the ecu will inject more fuel thus increasing power and consuption. If you have a performance panel you are still increasing flow and therefore power/fuel consumption. Ok so you wont lose as much MPG but you also wont get as much power so........... if you want more power you gunna lose more petrol

a panel filter is enclosed in an airbox so won't get as much cold air as an induction kit as this is not enclosed and is open in the engine bay with a direct cold air feed.

a panel filter is enclosed in an airbox so won't get as much cold air as an induction kit as this is not enclosed and is open in the engine bay with a direct cold air feed.
yeah i get that but my point was the power you gain and the mpg you lose will be relative to each other, so you are only losing less mpg cos your getting less power. i do see your point though, i wont change mine at all cos why lose the mpg for a possibl 10bhp

Anyone know the diameter of the air intake port on the 1.4 16v engine?

I think it’s 60mm, but could be wrong, otherwise I will measure it myself when I get a moment.

I'm sure I could build a induction pipe from 60mm up to 70mm for my BMC enclosed filter. Then duct it to the front grill. Keeping it all fully enclosed and having pure cold air only pumped into it.

Anyone got a good source of ducting at good prices then PM me. Thanks.

Anyone know the diameter of the air intake port on the 1.4 16v engine?

I think it’s 60mm, but could be wrong, otherwise I will measure it myself when I get a moment.

I'm sure I could build a induction pipe from 60mm up to 70mm for my BMC enclosed filter. Then duct it to the front grill. Keeping it all fully enclosed and having pure cold air only pumped into it.

Anyone got a good source of ducting at good prices then PM me. Thanks.

Cut the pipe that comes with the car put a pipe adapter on or a longer piece help adjust possitioning, that will adjust it to the size of the BMC and bobs your uncle :D.

Cut the pipe that comes with the car put a pipe adapter on or a longer piece help adjust possitioning, that will adjust it to the size of the BMC and bobs your uncle :D.

lol i wouldn't cut the pip that comes with the car what happens when it goes in for service, it'll void your warranty straight away.

lol i wouldn't cut the pip that comes with the car what happens when it goes in for service, it'll void your warranty straight away.

Exactly!

I was already told by the Fiat guys that putting an induction kit will invalidate certain engine faults, if not all.

I want to be able to swap it over when needed, as if it was never there. That's how I had it on my old Punto. Two minute job. :cool:

Lies.....

Mine went in like that with a BMC filter, supersprint exhaust and remap with a broken gearbox (probably due to power increase) engine warning light and they replaced the box and fixed the light no questions asked........

Lies.....

Mine went in like that with a BMC filter, supersprint exhaust and remap with a broken gearbox (probably due to power increase) engine warning light and they replaced the box and fixed the light no questions asked........

sounds like you were quids in then, fairplay if you can get away with it then do it. just sayin i wouldn't risk invalidating my warranty. (y)

i have to say mate that looks well smart!!!! Do you think they could fit just the twin pipe tip to the standard GP exhaust?

I doubt it, these are custom made. The tail pipes are one solid chunk of stainless steel. I had a look under the car before I drove it away and could not believe the workmanship. Everything was perfectly aligned.

The sound is awesome also. I have still to order my GSR induction kit, as I'm a bit skint, but with both those on it will sound like an F1. (y)

I doubt it, these are custom made. The tail pipes are one solid chunk of stainless steel. I had a look under the car before I drove it away and could not believe the workmanship. Everything was perfectly aligned.

The sound is awesome also. I have still to order my GSR induction kit, as I'm a bit skint, but with both those on it will sound like an F1. (y)

How much did tht cost?

:cry: abarth tip it is then! Can you take a video and link us to it? i'd love to hear wat it sounds like...looks the business though! (y)

Looks nice mate, going to get mine done soon..

You went a bit crazy with the old burn tool in Photoshop on your paintwork in your pics lol!!

Looks nice mate, going to get mine done soon..

You went a bit crazy with the old burn tool in Photoshop on your paintwork in your pics lol!!

Only thing I used photoshop for was the numberplates. The car was virtually brand new when they were took. I wish it was still as shiney.

Back