General My Cinquecento sporting .......... Pic heavy !

Currently reading:
General My Cinquecento sporting .......... Pic heavy !

The plastic welding looks really interesting. :)

What kit did you use and whats the strengh like?

The body shop near me uses hot staples but the job you've done there looks much closer to decent finish without using loads of filler.

you can either use the kits to doo it wich is expensive or you can use strips of a scrap bumper of the same material and a soldering iron

and if done correctly and good heat is imparted is leaves a close to oem strength some times you will put a mesh on the underside of the joint to strengthen the joint

I tried it with one of those soldering iron like tools on a plastic motorbike fairing once and it felt too weak for my liking (might just be my skills). Nice idea about using scrap bumper should mean an excellent material match as I know this is key to getting a good bond.

Just wondering if one of these type heat guns was used:

I haven't tried one of these and have seen you can get attachments for normal hot air guns which may also be worth a go. Just wondering if the hot air method gives better strength and bonds the underneath as well as the top...

Now thats a good idea, but ive gone in another direction with mine. ^^^

Punto project is right, but alot depends on the type of plastic you are using...... i know my plastics. I always make sure that the strength is replaced as well.

Ill try to rehost the pics, but im not so special with a pc !

Ive tried to upload pics to the gallery ( i even made my own folder ) but i get this message "
fiat no plate 001.JPG
Server (IO) Error " ?? Ill be honest, it means nothing to me......... If someone can help ill gladly link the pics to that. :bang:

But in the mean time...... how about this as a no plate mount ? ( i do use the car daily, so i had to do something ! ) :yum:

fiatnoplate001.jpg

But this is what ive been up to.........

fiatnoplate003.jpg

fiatnoplate004.jpg

I made a box, frenched it in and then welded up all the holes....... just need to finish it off.

Last edited:
That's a different approach, it's not often you hear the word 'frenched' these days either!
I'm looking forward to seeing that painted. If you're going down the route of proper body mods, I removed the plastic trims along the roofline of mine then filled (read welded) the resultant channels smooth.

Maybe im showing my age by calling it " Frenched " or is it the Hot Rodder in me ? I did think about the roof channels, then again ive been thinking too much perhaps !

I'd like to see some pics of yours Wagoneer.

love frenching, did it on some of my old skool rods few years ago, loved doing the antennas and everything lol ony thing though, the box wont fit a UK numberplate, thus being illegal lol :cool: excellent though

ony thing though, the box wont fit a UK numberplate, thus being illegal lol :cool: excellent though

Its a 9 x 7" box. I've ordered a motorcycle plate for it, its stamped with the bs markings etc........... dont worry mate, ive given it alot of thought and checked out the legallity. :)

Thanks for the compliment ! (y)

oh i see lol wont it only carry the bs markings for a motorcycle reg though? as its the legal size for them. I thought car plates had to be on a single line, and it was only Japanese cars that could have square plates lol (im not disputing nor arguing with you, just intrigued on the subject lol) also will it be lit the same way as a normal reg?

where im from there is so many mercs n bmws with numberplates altered by fonts n italics etc doubt theyd be worried but a square plate lol I followed a car today whos numberplate read 'Singh' I thought thats cool, when we stopped at traffic lights his plate was actually SIIVGH (but hed placed the I and V so close together) how do people get away with this lol (its all partly why im so interested in it) cant wait to see it finished mate.

Its the spacing, size of the letters, the font that tends to land people in the poo !

F1A7 5EICEN70 i dont mind at all, please fire away with any comments you like mate.
It will be lit up too, thats all in hand.

cool - sounds great then!! i was always tempted to have a smaller plate on the front of my sei. Is this gonna have a hot rod typa theme to it?

I just like to modify....... its enjoyable. My wife always moans when i buy a new car. I just dont leave them alone.

I drove off one day with a perfectly nice Bmw 325 estate, only to come home with a Bmw 325 pick up....... you'd think she'd of learnt by now ! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I will do, its been a busy weekend, just finishing off the work ive done so far and prepping it for paint. Im un decided about a colour change.............. a blue, but maybe something different....... but i do have a load of Imola Blue .......

Back