General Multijet Recall

Currently reading:
General Multijet Recall

yep, you were correct T14086, bring it in we'll look at it and if you need parts then we'll see about getting them ordered. UTTER BLOODY SHAMBLES.
Why dont they carry even just one set of the pipes that require to be replaced.
The time to check for damage 1.5 hours
The time to do the work if required 3 hours
Total travel time back and forward to dealer 5 hours

And folks wonder at me losing my cool, sheesh

Tara Folks

This is where communication is vital between departments!

Its simple really...DET reads latest recall/service news...
"oh that will probably affect quite a few cars I'll go & talk to parts department....hey guys can you order up 3 sets of these for a forthcoming recall"?
"Yeah sure no problem"
Job done!

However...in real world...
DET reads latest recall/service news...
"oh that will probably affect quite a few cars I'll go & talk to parts department....hey guys can you order up 3 sets of these for a forthcoming recall"?
"Errr whose paying for them"?
"Its a recall for f*cks sake"
"Need a job number"
"Listen order 3 sets for recalls ok"
"Cant just have them lying in stock"
"Just fu*king get them or you can answer to the p*ssed off customers"
"Need a job number"
Repeat above 5 times before DET gives in:rolleyes:

Nice one T. thats the first good laugh i've had this week. I can only assume that you are in the auto trade.
Its just that the system seems to begger belief.

Tara and take care

Politics of the major garage networks;)

Every department has a ever increasing target to meet,sometimes the customer is forgotten in the race to meet these targets and not be penalised as a result.

I must admit,I thought we would have heard from more owners who had received recall letters.
According to the gent I spoke with this morning at Arnies, there has been a few vehicles that have gone up in smoke in the UK. He also stated that there dealership has done 22 cars so far.

Tara

Was in Glasgow Arnold Clark this morning - 20 mins hangaround and then told to phone back next week when the parts arrive. Refit appararently just takes an hour or so.

What does hot diesel smell like anyway?

It smells bad! Also, the cloud of smoke, loss of power, and rough running will combine to ensure you notice if your fuel pipe splits.

T14086, handed car into Arnies this morning, and to be honest was not a happy chappy, so was told to come back in an hour.
So to brighten myself up I polished off two bacon rolls and a blackpudding roll and a very large coffee.
Went back to be told "yep your car was one that needed to be altered, but we had the bits so just went ahead and did it ".
Gobsmacked i was. and I dont know if its my imagination or not but the car seems to be pulling a lot better.
I've said a lot of nasty things about arnies, but i gotta take them back, they were quick, and pleasent, what more could you ask for.

Tara Ian (somewhat bemused )

T14086, handed car into Arnies this morning, and to be honest was not a happy chappy, so was told to come back in an hour.
So to brighten myself up I polished off two bacon rolls and a blackpudding roll and a very large coffee.
Went back to be told "yep your car was one that needed to be altered, but we had the bits so just went ahead and did it ".
Gobsmacked i was. and I dont know if its my imagination or not but the car seems to be pulling a lot better.
I've said a lot of nasty things about arnies, but i gotta take them back, they were quick, and pleasent, what more could you ask for.

Tara Ian (somewhat bemused )

sh*t happens eh;) seeing as you had a good experience why not rate them (here) ;

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/91303-dealers-rating.html

(3 rolls!.....hope you exercised later;) )

oh oh oh , quick link it to stoneacre so they can see sometimes garages do get praise.....

stoneacre dont do to bad in the dealer rating lists as it happens (link above)

I bought mine new in March '05, one of the first in the country and I've not been notified. Maybe mine's too old.
Only fault on mine concerned the front pads. Car booked in for 24K service and nearside front pads wore down to the rivets and scored the disc two days before the service, and no. they weren't covered under the warranty. Have them checked by your dealer (or do it yourself) as there is no dashboard warning light for this

seeing as you had a good experience why not rate them

Whilst I appreciate that it must have been a good breakfast 'T' I don't think we should necessarily rate them......can't be seen to be promoting fried food now!;)

...but theres a good 'roll & slice with red sauce' & a brilliant 'roll & slice with red sauce':D Always handy to know the brilliant places while waiting at garage:D

Ah yes the famous roll & slice with red sauce option pack........it'll be a classic someday. Not so fond of it with the brown sauce option - bit to fruity for my liking. And don't get me onto the soft roll 'v' crispy roll debate............

I must apologise gents if my eating habits have caused you grief. I must admit to being a v-crisp with brown sauce myself, i'm afraid i've never been floury and soft person........LOL.
As for the amount off food eaten......well i knew we had 25 ton of fertilizer to move that afternoon (natural variety). After doing a job like that your lucky if get into the house far less fed.

Tara Ian ( off for a weeks fishing........yippee)

Hi. Re the earlier posts in this thread, I use diesel to set fire to bonfires in the garden. It definitely does burn!! However, it is probably unlikely to catch fire in the engine compartment if there is only a slight leak.

Well i'm surprised -the saga continues. We have a 4-year old panda multijet with only 16k miles on the clock. The other day we could smell fuel but were unsure of the location of a possible leak. After some investigation, I discovered that the fuel pipie feeding the common rail had been rubbing against the side of the airbox. This plastic pipe had worn through and a fine jet of diesel was being sprayed across the top of a hot engine! Our panda was not one of those recalled but I view this design flaw extremely seriously. It is a danger to life!

When I contacted Fiat customer services I got the typical response: take it to an authorised Fiat garage - in our case some 12 miles away with fuel leaking over a hot engine! What planet are these people on?

Finally, to add insult to injury, the relevant pipe can only be purchased as part of a set costing close to £100 - for a plastic pipe!

I would urge all those with a panda diesel to check just under the airbox near the battery to see if the fuel is in contact with the airbox in anyway. If it is you may literally be sitting on a time bomb.

When I contacted Fiat customer services I got the typical response: take it to an authorised Fiat garage - in our case some 12 miles away with fuel leaking over a hot engine! What planet are these people on?

Finally, to add insult to injury, the relevant pipe can only be purchased as part of a set costing close to £100 - for a plastic pipe!

I would urge all those with a panda diesel to check just under the airbox near the battery to see if the fuel is in contact with the airbox in anyway. If it is you may literally be sitting on a time bomb.[/QUOTE]

Surely If it's a recall item , then YOU won't be paying..,

recalls are only going out to the registered owners at the time of recall , and then only to those that are deemed "affected".

Never received ONE before despite being the owner for the last 7 years..!!

out of interest would your AA / RAC policy cover it's delivery to the FIAT agent.??,

Charlie

Back