Ducato MultiEcuScan - Unknow ISO BF 83 8F

Currently reading:
Ducato MultiEcuScan - Unknow ISO BF 83 8F

bazzaguk

hello Everyone!
Not sure if I am in the right section.. bit confused.. tis my age!

I am trying to proxi align my Ducato Type 290/295 Maxi ( motorhome )
With little sucess.. I can connect to the ODB with the ODBKEY140 and EcuMultiScam ( Registered ) .

I can test the acctuators .. windowwipers etc.. but its warning mt its an unknown ISO .. thus I cant get to alot of the funtions .. Proxi Alighn being the main one.

The issue is my radio wont turn on ( Uconnect ) .. the power button is illuminated constantly. This happened when I connected to the ODB using ALfaOdb .. so I think that fudged something up. Hence my attempts to ProxiAlign with MultiEcuScan..

Also when connecting via EcuScan it seems flaky.. most of the time it says it cant connect. Whereas AlfaOdb and Torque connect fine..

Heeeeellllppp ppllleeeaaass... I need my Radio 2!! lol - Told you I was old!

Thanksin advance
BAZ

Scanning ...

Body / BCM (Body Control Module)
UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED
ISO Code: BF 83 8F

Airbag / NAB/ORC (Airbag/Occupant Restraint Module)
UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED
ISO Code: EA 07 CD
Errors found:
U0019-87

Dashboard / IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster)
UNKNOWN/UNSUPPORTED
ISO Code: 00 03 40

COMPLETED
VEHICLE MAKE: Fiat
VEHICLE MODEL: type 290/295
VEHICLE YEAR: 2015

SENDING DIAGNOSTIC REPORT ...
SUCCESS

I found that at least version 4.4 of MES is required to successfully complete a Proxi Alignment on an X290 fitted with the uConnect 5.0 radio as earlier versions always quit with a timeout on the radio node, even if the radio ECU was recognised.

Unknown/unsupported ISO generally means that MES doesn't recognise the ECU(s) because they are not in its database, but MES 4.4 works fine on my 2016 X290.
bazzaguk are you using the correct adapter cable? I use the multiplex interface with MES, but I have used AlfaOBD with the OBDkey v1.40 dongle and ISTR the yellow MES adapter cable was required to complete a proxi-align?

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
I am using EMS 4.6 with a bluetooth ODBKEY140 and the yellow adapter cable.
I have just had delivered a usb kml odb interface, I'm hoping this will help.
Its good to know you could do a proxi on a 2016 x290.
Could it be that my motorhome has a specific ECU?
Thanks guys
Baz

Back