Technical MultiEcuScan sorely trying my patience!

Currently reading:
Technical MultiEcuScan sorely trying my patience!

Exactly which two light are on?

attachment.php

Attachments

• brakes.png
    brakes.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 305
tis the first 2 in the image, te 4th, ASR, does no longer illuminate, either key on, or deselecting from dash switch. Cheers, Corcai.

Yep,, they sailthe usua guff about diy diagnostics, re writing to ecu's etc. well they would. I think the main issue is the wiring in the dash has been disturbed as I was looking for a loose connection on the reverse camera immediately before it was left in storage, whereupon the battery died. We'll see if their kit will talk to it where MES won't. I have heard conflicting reports re such a bba reman, and others, just doing reflows on solder jointa on boards, but we'll see if it gets that far. I looked on Per, and the electronic part of the abs is listed seperately at fiat, at what would appear to be sensible money for a main deealer. Main worry is they try to 'sell' me one when it don't need one. Or swap parts until they get lucky, all at my expense! I will check the links kindly provided. Cheers,,,watch this space.

Yep,, they sailthe usua guff about diy diagnostics, re writing to ecu's etc. well they would. I think the main issue is the wiring in the dash has been disturbed as I was looking for a loose connection on the reverse camera immediately before it was left in storage, whereupon the battery died. We'll see if their kit will talk to it where MES won't. I have heard conflicting reports re such a bba reman, and others, just doing reflows on solder jointa on boards, but we'll see if it gets that far. I looked on Per, and the electronic part of the abs is listed seperately at fiat, at what would appear to be sensible money for a main deealer. Main worry is they try to 'sell' me one when it don't need one. Or swap parts until they get lucky, all at my expense! I will check the links kindly provided. Cheers,,,watch this space.

If you're looking at the fiatforum eper the prices have doubled since then basically when the x250 came out. I'm seeing 1,374.48 GBP for the post 2003 electronic part on the 2014 price list. Probably 1/3 of that price from citroen. If you know any polish people you can get a complete pump for £100 in poland.

If you're looking at the fiatforum eper the prices have doubled since then basically when the x250 came out. I'm seeing 1,374.48 GBP for the post 2003 electronic part on the 2014 price list. Probably 1/3 of that price from citroen. If you know any polish people you can get a complete pump for £100 in poland.

YIKES!! Better brush up me Polski just in case Would these be rebuilt, or just used? Mine is a 6 wheeler (but AFAIK) there are only 6 hydraulic pipes into/out of the unit, same as a 4 wheel one, have I got that right? I knew they were a bit out of date, Fiat quoted me 1600 ish last week, looks like if its kegged it will be off to an ecu place first. BTW, there is a connector under the wiper assembly, that has, IIRC, red and blue wires, 2 I think, that is not connected, AFAIK it was always that way, I have not worked near it, or disturbed it, and can't see if anything plugs into it- I note there are plenty of spare connectors here and there. Thought I had a pic but can't find it. I see in eLearn there are lots of connectors involved in the dash area near the radio where I was mucking about trying to find why my reverse camera was not working. It was immediately as it went in storage and I did not see any warning lights then- only after the battery wass changed.

YIKES!! Better brush up me Polski just in case Would these be rebuilt, or just used? Mine is a 6 wheeler (but AFAIK) there are only 6 hydraulic pipes into/out of the unit, same as a 4 wheel one, have I got that right? I knew they were a bit out of date, Fiat quoted me 1600 ish last week, looks like if its kegged it will be off to an ecu place first. BTW, there is a connector under the wiper assembly, that has, IIRC, red and blue wires, 2 I think, that is not connected, AFAIK it was always that way, I have not worked near it, or disturbed it, and can't see if anything plugs into it- I note there are plenty of spare connectors here and there. Thought I had a pic but can't find it. I see in eLearn there are lots of connectors involved in the dash area near the radio where I was mucking about trying to find why my reverse camera was not working. It was immediately as it went in storage and I did not see any warning lights then- only after the battery wass changed.

100 euro for a used asr one, the asr ones are going €400 used on ebay germany.

100 euro for a used asr one, the asr ones are going €400 used on ebay germany.
Hi Corcai,, don't suppose you know if the unit is different being a tag axle version?AfaIK it still only has 6 hydraulic connections, like others I have seen (2in from master cyl and 4 out to wheel cylinders). Have you got part number for it,, I have had one from fiat but the bosch one would help. as expected, fiat, burstner and alko are passing the buck for who is to blame for details of the unit fitted- I need to get an idea for the reman sites I want to check. Cheers!

I may try it later, wary of breaking it now! I will post result if I do. As of now, its all working vehicle wise. Thanx to all who helped. (y)

Back