Technical Mrk2 punto wishbone bolt is stripped and carnt get it out

Currently reading:
Technical Mrk2 punto wishbone bolt is stripped and carnt get it out

mgc128

Hi there can anyone HELP me my car failed mot on the wish bone I have got all the pins out except for one the one that goes in the sub frame on the passenger side the thread is striped and cant get it out any body got any ideas ??
banghead.gif

Hi there can anyone HELP me my car failed mot on the wish bone I have got all the pins out except for one the one that goes in the sub frame on the passenger side the thread is striped and cant get it out any body got any ideas ??
banghead.gif

some are pretty soft..:(

personally I would grind the head off the bolt..pull it all apart then you've something to grip and wriggle out, ;)
Charlie

how did you strip that thread?

Pretty easily....these are tighter than you would believe, I mean to the point that a long breaker bar bends alarmingly.

I believe they go onto a welded captive nut on the chassis, there was a thread on here a while ago about it.

Are you sure you've not detached the nut from the chassis? If so, I believe you'll need to go at it from inside the car.

it will be the welded nut on subframe there are 2 ways to get to it drop subframe or cut a hole in floor with a holesaw the nut is a 22mm socket so cut a hole so socket will fit in pull carpet back if left side look for rubber plug in floor then about 100mm to right and down towards the panel sealer their is a bump the nut is under there

Hi problem solved thanks DAVE C owe u one that's saved taking sub frame off just drilled were u said then bingo it was there the weld had snapped of the nut:):D:D:D:D

Back