Mot

Currently reading:
Mot

Come to think of it, I passed with more then one failure and loads of things wern't checked.

Blue LEDs?
None illuminating wing repeaters.
Emmisions wern't checked.
Window washer wasn't checked.

That bastard blatently made me repair the expensive not really broken things so he could make some money!

Last time I ever go there for anything... I hope they go Bankrupt.

the only thing my volvo could possibly fail on on saturday would be drivers side washer jet goes everywhere BUT the windscreen, most of the time its OK, but it keeps vibrating about and ending up pointing the wrong way, I think I am just gonna super glue it in place!!!

Oh and the rear light lenses, one of them is cracked but not on the light bit, if you know what I mean, its like LLLLLLLLLLLLIIII L is where the light reflector and protector is, and IIII is where the overhang is, every 740 in the breakers yard is cracked in the same way so no spares :cry:

Oh and under really hard breaking it pulls to the left a bit, I think the right rear disc caliper is seized up as the handbrake feels crap too, its HPI clear (£20 a check but worth it, apparently had a minor ding to front end and had valance and plastic bumper cover (metal girder for a bumper) in 1999, but owner came clean on it before I rang) so its not like its bent or anything.

Mines going in today at half four :eek:

I hope *fingers crossed* nothing will be wrong, but its going somewhere thats a friend of my business, so should be quite easy going on stuff (y)

MintySport said:
Mines going in today at half four :eek:

I hope *fingers crossed* nothing will be wrong, but its going somewhere thats a friend of my business, so should be quite easy going on stuff (y)

To me thats not a good recomendation for that peticular garage its ok because he is a friend :mad: one garage that should loose their MOT leicence I have a friend who also has his own bussiness and would not dream of comprimising him or his professional integrity (n)

yeah but their are some garages that are down on their luck and make up stuff, like bulbs are whiting out (bullcock, no such thing, headlights are white anyway, indicators maybe), rear brake shoes are low, even though they are not allowed to remove wheels etc.

Its possible to fail on something as much as tyre's been a few pounds too light, most reputable MOT centres would correct something like that.

If someone was to fail me on a £40 MOT, where Ihave had to go out of my way to insure its all legit when the tyres are 3psi too light, I would do something I wouldn't be proud of, or would I be proud:chin:

Well my 899cc's MOT expires on saturday, its got rust in too many places so its being SORNed and scrapped once I find the V5...

faster4_tec said:
yeah but their are some garages that are down on their luck and make up stuff, like bulbs are whiting out (bullcock, no such thing, headlights are white anyway, indicators maybe), rear brake shoes are low, even though they are not allowed to remove wheels etc.

Its possible to fail on something as much as tyre's been a few pounds too light, most reputable MOT centres would correct something like that.

If someone was to fail me on a £40 MOT, where Ihave had to go out of my way to insure its all legit when the tyres are 3psi too light, I would do something I wouldn't be proud of, or would I be proud:chin:

never once failed an mot on tyres 3 psi under inflated and how the hell would they know if your brake shoes were low ? got infrared vision have they they only check brake efficancy and condition [leaks etc] not how much lining is left on the shoe what a load of twaddle that is :spin:

arseofbox said:
Well my 899cc's MOT expires on saturday, its got rust in too many places so its being SORNed and scrapped once I find the V5...

Have a word with sumplug he needs to hone his welding skills :eek: :D

PNL said:
never once failed an mot on tyres 3 psi under inflated and how the hell would they know if your brake shoes were low ? got infrared vision have they they only check brake efficancy and condition [leaks etc] not how much lining is left on the shoe what a load of twaddle that is :spin:
I'm sure I've seen people fail on Brake shoes before.. and I've asked myself but how did they know they didn't even seperate the drum... heck they didn't even take off the wheel???

Was none of my business so I never said anything.

Trancendental said:
I'm sure I've seen people fail on Brake shoes before.. and I've asked myself but how did they know they didn't even seperate the drum... heck they didn't even take off the wheel???

Was none of my business so I never said anything.

IIRC most brake drums have a small hole in them, for inspection purposes...it can be checked visually that way - nothing needs measuring, and most experienced mechanics can do it by eye!

isnt it because alot of cars were manufactured on 31st Dec/January, therefore, if done at the same time every year, should be around the same dat or in February throughout the life of the car??

Just something i thought of then...

Craig

PNL said:
To me thats not a good recomendation for that peticular garage its ok because he is a friend :mad: one garage that should loose their MOT leicence I have a friend who also has his own bussiness and would not dream of comprimising him or his professional integrity (n)
Steady on chap!!

The garage in question where i took mine into is a loooooong standing business and ive been going there for years (y) he wouldnt pass me if i had defective seatbelts or something bad but if i had a bulb out or little things he would just tell me to get them sorted rather than be a pain in the a*s like some mot places can be and fail you, and he wouldnt make up stuff to fail you like the kind of places that come up with cr*p and should be shut down :eek:

p.s...........PASSED :slayer::slayer:(y):D

Back