Mot

Currently reading:
Mot

Kier

Prominent member
Hey, just wondering if anyone knows how far in advance I can take my car in for a MOT...it runs out on the 7th of September and wondering if I can book it in now or have to wait?

Cool thanks for the replies :)...I'll look at the certificate next time I'm walking past where it is.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do at home before taking it in? I know nothing about cars, so it will be VERY basic stuff. Lights, tires, oil, water levels...is there anything else that I could do at home?

Cool thanks for the replies :)...I'll look at the certificate next time I'm walking past where it is.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do at home before taking it in? I know nothing about cars, so it will be VERY basic stuff. Lights, tires, oil, water levels...is there anything else that I could do at home?

30 days in advance is the most you can get added - make sure things like the washers work, lights horn etc and on the way to the testing place give the car a good run to bring it up to a good working temperture.

You can take a car for MOT anytime you want to ;) :cool:

but to preserve the annual date it says the earliest on the MOT cert.

However to note I am sure you can book an MOT as far in advance as the garage keep records for :p

Yep, as with previous posts, you can take the car for an MOT whenevr you want. If you would like to get a 13 month MOT certificate, you can take it in up to 28 days (think it is this anyway!) and they will the issue you with a certificate that has 13 months, or the remainder of your original MOT added on to the new one.

In order to get your 13 month MOT, make sure you take the old one with you otherwise you will only get a 12 month one. Unless you had it done at the same place in which case they should have records.

Back