MOT tomorrow

Currently reading:
MOT tomorrow

ok, ok, you want to hear the worst thing I have ever done? Yes, forgot to put my new tax disc in for 3 days...even though I had bought it post dated a few weeks or so before. 3 days breaking the law without knowing! Lucky i noticed, phew!

lol

Good luck all with MOTs, and Dave, i'll let you off, you didn't do it on purpose.

I am off camping tomorrow in my newly passed Uno with the girlfriend so see you in a few days.

BUT before I go, i'll tell you what a MOT is worth:

20 miles after passing, I heard some clanging, like metal sheet hitting the ground, silly me drives another few miles and hears it again on speed bumps, ok, better check me thinks. The heat sheild grill thing underneath the catalyst (i think?) had come off. A bad repair a few years back by someone involved a jubilee clip which had just corroded down to nothing (from 1cm thick in places to less than 2mm in others, it simply cracked). The heatshield thing was partly damaged and my spare uno has something different/doesn't have one so i've made do and mend, firstly with a coat hanger around it and then a jubilee clip as before but only over the half undamaged side. Oh well, will last another 3 years ;)

LOL, ironic it happened today...IMO anyway.

See you all soon.

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
ff_banner.jpg

Well done Paul - the last MoT I took my old Uno to was the reason I got rid of it and bought the Punto. i.e. the damn thing failed on several things!
- dodgy suspension arm (£50 of parts and two hours work that I couldnt be arsed to do!)
- rotten sills (several hours of welding, again couldn't be arsed)
- knackered handbrake (just needed tightening)
- something else that I've forgot.
Anyway, I fancied something a bit newer and faster, so flogged my Italian MoT failure to a mug - I mean, bloke - in the pub for £120 :D and bought the Punto. Which needed a new suspension arm on first MoT I took it for [:(!]

The MoT station I now use is great. They don't even bother with the emissions test :p and they do the rest of it in about 5 minutes. Bonzer! Oh, and I know one of the blokes there from down t'pub so I get a few quid knocked off :D

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX
http://j-k.hotfire.net</font id="navy">

bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
JB3.jpg
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif

that will all change soon emissions test will be conected to a computer that prints your mot, the mot wont come out until the test is passed:(untill someone workes out how to fiddle it:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not Email or PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead. Your reply may help someone else. Thank you
newsiggypic.jpg

smooth binki, digging binki, waiting for headrub binki, running binki,

Back