MOT - Punto

Currently reading:
MOT - Punto

Ianwilcox

Hi all

My mot is on saturday on my 2001 mk2 punto

hoping that i am going to pass fingers crossed !!

one problem tho i have the standard wheels on the front but on the back i currently have my 17 inch alloys.

due to a recent blow out on the front i had to take the alloys off and put the standards back on.

will it pass its mot on this ? any thoughts ?

Many thanks in advanced.

Ianwilcox said:
Hi all

one problem tho i have the standard wheels on the front but on the back i currently have my 17 inch alloys.

As in...standard 14" on the front...and 17" on the back?

lol I bet that is a sight for sore eyes :D

If there is a 3 inch difference...I think you will need to get your alloys sorted and back on....dunno if it would fail or not....but they will laugh at you :D

the law states that both the front tyres must be the same size, and both the back tyres must be the same size, but the front and back can be different. i've passed an MOT with steelies on the front because my alloys had bald tyres, but i still had alloys on the back.

jug said:
the law states that both the front tyres must be the same size, and both the back tyres must be the same size, but the front and back can be different. i've passed an MOT with steelies on the front because my alloys had bald tyres, but i still had alloys on the back.

ditto that, been there and done the smae no probs mate (y)

Back