Technical More power from a MK2 5dr 1.28V

Currently reading:
Technical More power from a MK2 5dr 1.28V

Vesty21

Has anyone got any tips on getting some more kick into my 1.2 8v punto, fancy a bit more kick in acceleration and it wont seem to go past 85mph as if theres summit stopping it!!!!

strange, should be able to crack 100mph + as standard, do you have the standard wheels on it, or have you fitted larger wheels which may affect the readout of the speedo? If not, then as Dave said, I think it's in dire need of a sevice!

Well ive just had it serviced, and ive just about worked out where the 5th gear is;) :eek: i have 15" alloys on it after replacing the standard 14's, cant remeber what my top sped was with them

I don't know what your problem is anyway, the national speed limit is 75mph :p ;) :p You could get a mate to follow you in their car doing the same speed, and see if it reads the same, just to check your speedo's working properly. Worth a try, won't cost you anything.

Well things have progressed, got my m8 who is a mechanic to check they car over, he says it look like the air filter is two years old, spark plugs havent been changed and the oil filter looks like its never been changed, although ive had 3 warranty services costing £150 each, this was done at a supposed Authorised Service centre, the robbing bar stewards!!! oh and the oil had not been changed even though it said they had!!!!:mad: :bang:

Im off down there later with a pick axe handle to whip the cheeky fluckers into shape and get a refund!!!

thefishdude said:
grr thats taking the **** sounds like they have done nothing to your car kick there buts and get a refund and go somewere else that will do the work
Have we got a garages to avoid list on this Forum? I know you have to be careful - don't want to get sued, but there must be a way of exposing these robbin' barstewards

The 8V should do a genuine 100 the 16V about 110. The speedo could read up to 10 mph more.

Vesty21 said:
Well things have progressed, got my m8 who is a mechanic to check they car over, he says it look like the air filter is two years old, spark plugs havent been changed and the oil filter looks like its never been changed, although ive had 3 warranty services costing £150 each, this was done at a supposed Authorised Service centre, the robbing bar stewards!!! oh and the oil had not been changed even though it said they had!!!!:mad: :bang:

Im off down there later with a pick axe handle to whip the cheeky fluckers into shape and get a refund!!!

I always put the old parts in a plastic bag in the boot of the car as proof the said items where changed but not too long ago a customer complained than I left parts in the boot & I was being lazy & should of binned them:confused:
Well my thought was how was the customer going to know I had changed the ECU etc(bill was around £600)& not getting ripped off,just trying to be honest & open:cry:

T14086 said:
I always put the old parts in a plastic bag in the boot of the car as proof the said items where changed but not too long ago a customer complained than I left parts in the boot & I was being lazy & should of binned them:confused:
Well my thought was how was the customer going to know I had changed the ECU etc(bill was around £600)& not getting ripped off,just trying to be honest & open:cry:
I'd be perfectly happy if you did that when you serviced my car :)
My normal mechanic does that, even when you don't think about it. I opened my boot the other day to find several parts of a shredded auxillary drive belt in there!
H

HFStuart said:
The 8V should do a genuine 100 the 16V about 110. The speedo could read up to 10 mph more.

Hmm the 'Fiat' max for the 8v is 96mph I think... I know that my 8v struggles to hit 100 (and thats the speedo reading). It will only do that down a hill and with the wind in the right direction :bang:

Can't wait for the Stilo JTD to arrive...

Back