Technical Moisted windscreen - dry carpet

Currently reading:
Technical Moisted windscreen - dry carpet

Migaard

Hi Guys.

I've purchased a 1996 Punto 55 S.
It's in good shape, however the windscreen is moisted all the time.
I've checked the carpet and there's no trace of leaking coolant.
Tried cleaning the windscreen but the problem remains.

Maybe a leaking heater matrix? but shouldn't the carpet be wet?

Any good advice?

Cheers Michael

It might be a pin hole. Change the coolant and try some Barrs leaks. If problem goes away you need a new heater matrix. TBH I would also fit a new main radiator at the same time as they are not costly

A domestic dehumidifier in the car overnight for a week will soon sort it out, but also look for coolant leaks and rust letting water in through the floor.

Hi Guys.

Thanks for all the answers.(y)
The recirculation is OFF.
If the ventilation knob is turned in footwell pos. during warm up - and the knob is turned in windscreen pos. when the engine is warm the windscreen get moisted right away.
If i turn it from warm to cold it helps a bit.

As far as i can see everything points in the direction of a broken heater matrix.
I will look at it in the weekend...
Maybe fill the cooling system with UV traceable coolant.

Cheers
Michael

Make sure the coolant level isnt allowed to fall too far. If it goes below minimum the head gasket is at great risk. As a short term fix the ordinary Radweld or Barrs Leaks will seal small holes. But long term you most likely need a new heater matrix. While its stripped down seriously look at replacing the main radiator as it will probably also be weak and they are not costly.

saw this problem on another car and it was blocked pollen filter..Dont know if they have them on Fiat but just a thought

Back