Technical Mk3 Cross 4x4 Front Brake Hose Bracket - Help?

Currently reading:
Technical Mk3 Cross 4x4 Front Brake Hose Bracket - Help?

sma1lwins

Brakes failed whilst going downhill, which was fun! Started pumping the brake and noticed a spray (break fluid) coming from the out of the wheel arch!!

The failure was where the front hard line joins the flexible hose (see flexible hose missing in image). Going to replace both sides but have noticed that the bracket holding the union to the chassis is seriously rusty and I can't find in any technical manual (ePER etc.) what this part is. Does anyone know the fiat part number or how I can source this? I have found the 994922 clip, which is part of it but not the actual chassis bracket.

VIN: ZFA16900001765863
Reg; YT60 MPX

Also the wheel speed/abs sensor bracket, just behind in the picture, is is as bad or worse condition. Again, what should I replace this with? The car is 14 years old now and I love the little thing, so I'm not complaining, but would like to get it back together.

Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20140514_065821.jpg
    IMG_20140514_065821.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
  • original_e77fa798-f190-48f0-9163-0b57833c22a7_IMG_20230906_180736.jpg
    original_e77fa798-f190-48f0-9163-0b57833c22a7_IMG_20230906_180736.jpg
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 28
Apart from cutting off a similar bracket from another vehicle as it is part of the car body, in the past I have usually been able to separate the bracket from the hose etc. clean it up and weld it back on to a new bit of metal on the body. If not a competent fabricator should be able to make the L bracket using the old one as a pattern and weld it into place then you just need to paint/seal it , fit a new flexy brake hose and clip plus any metal brake pipe that looks suspect.

Apart from cutting off a similar bracket from another vehicle as it is part of the car body, in the past I have usually been able to separate the bracket from the hose etc. clean it up and weld it back on to a new bit of metal on the body. If not a competent fabricator should be able to make the L bracket using the old one as a pattern and weld it into place then you just need to paint/seal it , fit a new flexy brake hose and clip plus any metal brake pipe that looks suspect.
Thanks mate.

Any idea of a donor part from another vehicle? Another FIAT?

The wheelspeed/abs one is definitely shot as it's in two bits! and the cable is just hanging loose. Sounds like I'll need to get something made up.

Thanks mate.

Any idea of a donor part from another vehicle? Another FIAT?

The wheelspeed/abs one is definitely shot as it's in two bits! and the cable is just hanging loose. Sounds like I'll need to get something made up.
It may not even need to be a Fiat one just take the old hose and make sure it sits in the doner bracket at a scrapyard etc.
The ABS wire as long as it is secure and not fouling anything should be OK as far as MOT test etc.

Not had the front ABS bracket brake

When I similar thing happen to the handbrake cable bracket I just cable tied up out of the way
All depends whether it just needs to be safe
Or the car to be original
Thanks, yeah I had cable ties in my head for the abs bracket.

I'd like it to be original but that's only for my satisfaction. There are limits to that!
I' I'm in to custom fabricating brackets that might be a step too far.

Back