Technical 169 4x4 Front Subframe Needed!

Currently reading:
Technical 169 4x4 Front Subframe Needed!

Hi!

It turns out that the dodgy steering last weekend, was a result of the suspension coming free from the subframe.

Needless to say I'm now in the market for a brand new front subframe 🫣.

Please can you help me with part numbers, or, sites/links?

I've seen some horror stories here of people being quoted 1400 for them in germany etc so I'd really like to try and find one in the UK first !

MUST BE 4X4, as the 2wd variant will not fit. eBay has a tendency to say 'compatible' when it really isn't lol.

Thank you all in advance for the help! Clifford will appreciate it once it's back on the roads 💪

Will include a little pic for attention 😁

Attachments

• 20230618_132421.jpg
    20230618_132421.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 110
What actually happened? Corrosion, fatigue, past impact damage?

Might be worth having a look at the condition of the rear subframe before spending serious money on this.

Your car looks super in that picture - I do hope you can source one at reasonable cost and get back on the road soon.

Last edited:

Whoops posted this awhile back but the post didn't take

This guy is breaking 4x4 pandas

Get in contact they have great reviews

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
What actually happened? Corrosion, fatigue, past impact damage?

Might be worth having a look at the condition of the rear subframe before spending serious money on this.

Your car looks super in that picture - I do hope you can source one at reasonable cost and get back on the road soon.
I did exactly that!

It was rust, one of the mechanics at my garage remembered Clifford from the previous owner and said id maybe have trouble with rust again, so I decided it was time to move on and sell.

I didn't have the finances to keep Clifford healthy in the long run.

I've now got blifford (blue Clifford) a funky little 2wd Eleganza in new Orleans blue 😁

It was rust, one of the mechanics at my garage remembered Clifford from the previous owner and said id maybe have trouble with rust again, so I decided it was time to move on and sell.
I expect a part of you was sorry to see Clifford go, but I'm sure you've done the right thing. Sometimes cars pass the point where it's no longer economically viable to keep using them as a daily driver. Given the current parts situation, once a 4x4 169 develops serious subframe corrosion, that point has almost certainly been passed.

One way to keep your motoring costs down is to keep everything as simple as possible; moving to a 2WD 1.2 Panda is doing exactly that.

I wish you all the best with Blifford, and hope you will enjoy many happy years together.

Back