Styling mk2 punto seatcovers (headrest removal)

Currently reading:
Styling mk2 punto seatcovers (headrest removal)

petewilson

Hi, 2nd post today... i have mk2 punto 1.2 mia 51 reg. that i bought the wife.. seats are a little tatty at the front... i have bought some nice seat covers. however i have an issue with the headrests... i have looked for clips at the bottom of the head rest storks which dissappear into the seat and found nothing... pulling hard on the headrest does nothing either... plz help.
Regards.
Pete

Its been covered recently. Try the links on this Google:

[ame="http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=punto+headrest"]punto headrest - Google Search[/ame]

You can unstitch around the shoulders of the seat, where that vinyl type material meets the fabric.
When thats done, theres little clips that need to be pushed it to allow it to go thru a hole, then it just pulls out.

Alot of effort required, I removed my headrests and replaced them with the over-lapping type that most puntos have in the back. they dont click-lock in so u can just yank them out if needed.

Lol I think its going to be easier getting needle and thread out to the seat covers instead.

I gave up when trying to do mine, in the end it was much easier just to unbolt the seats (only a few), take the seats indoors, roll up the original seat covers, then you can unclip the headrests easily because you have full view of it.

I gave up when trying to do mine, in the end it was much easier just to unbolt the seats (only a few), take the seats indoors, roll up the original seat covers, then you can unclip the headrests easily because you have full view of it.

i tried this with a sporting seat but failed :mad:its also a razor blade up there if you did as i did and stuck some more padding up to puff up the side bolster so be careful OP

Woooooooow, bugger all that.

I bought some seat covers for mine the other day. On the back of mine there was 2 zips either side. (bit of a bugger to get un-done) once these are un zipped, you will see the bottom legs of the head rests just clipped in like, 4 socket, type, things. ... undo these, pull your head rest out... badda bong badda boom, Bobs your Uncle, head rests are now out.

I can upload step by step photos if that helps?...

Tom.

There was a guide somewhere on here - about removing the fixed version of headrests - like in the punto or the punto mia where the headrest ISN't adjustable

it was a case off the Top seat cover comes off and your exposed with the Insides :)

Now when i took my seat apart, i found out my seat is "a little worn"
as in the Backsupport system is Knackered and the Foams Falling to bits and the Seat covers getting Holes and Sagging

So for me donor seats and a strip clean on them would be my option next

Ziggy

Back