1375580-2.jpg

DSC0005215.JPG

DSC0005312.JPG

DSC000549.JPG

DSC0005813.JPG

it is quite simply the coolest car in the world

it is the very early '1299cc' model.
thanks chris, il swap for your punto if you really like it :p

and yeah jai, i was thinking of making it bigger like the original decals but it does look better smaller :)

next things are-

front tyres- tomorrow
clutch
water pump
spray mirrors red
get some welding done and clean back the whole floor pan and underseal like mad :p

I think the stripes would look better in black to carry on the black and white theme. I'm also not convinced by the boot stripes even though that was standard on some UT's. Also, check out Jai's UT 'Tippex' to see what black on white looks like. (y)

Weren't you having engine running problems with it Beau? Did you get it sorted?

Oh, I really don't like the sun strip at all, but it's your car so as long as you're happy ;) :p

Last edited:
I think the stripes would look better in black to carry on the black and white theme. I'm also not convinced by the boot stripes even though that was standard on some UT's. Also, check out Jai's UT 'Tippex' to see what black on white looks like. (y)

Weren't you having engine running problems with it Beau? Did you get it sorted?

Oh, I really don't like the sun strip at all, but it's your car so as long as you're happy ;) :p

i much prefer the red tbh :p

well it runs fine, but just over heated (iv had to put my old thermostat back on for now), idles high (will have to look at that later) and the clutch slips and water pump leaks, nothing major (y)

well your over 20 so your opinion dont count re sunstrips :p :devil:

well your over 20 so your opinion dont count re sunstrips :p :devil:

:mad:

Actually, I forgot and you're quite right. Sun strips are for kiddies ;)

:p

(Nice UT you've got though though, one of the earliest turbos though Jai found a 'B' reg pre-release 1985 car for sale the other day!)

I must admit I'm impressed with how much you've "grown up". You actually care about fixing stuff now lol :D.

Apart from the sun strip fetish :devil:

Last edited:
(Nice UT you've got though though, one of the earliest turbos though Jai found a 'B' reg pre-release 1985 car for sale the other day!)

yeah someone posted it on turbo collective, is deffo a nice one not keen on it being lhd tho! and not sure its worth 9 times what mine cost :p

i dont think rhd uno turbos came in B reg? so il still claim iv one of the earliest rhd ;)

so what do people think about a mk2 rear bumper?

yeah someone posted it on turbo collective, is deffo a nice one not keen on it being lhd tho! and not sure its worth 9 times what mine cost :p

It was nice but I agree, I don't think I'd pay £7K for one!

i dont think rhd uno turbos came in B reg? so il still claim iv one of the earliest rhd ;)

I think some press release cars did. Not sure though as they would be pre August 1985 so very rare as this I think was just before the UT was officially released.

so what do people think about a mk2 rear bumper?

Attachments

• slap!.jpg
    slap!.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 20
i think the mk2 bumper looks really good on the mk1 personally-

DSCF0628.jpg

Which is why the owner of the car above is considering going back to a mk1 bumper eh? ;)

Mk2 bumper looks ok on a mk1, but the mk1 bumper looks more 'pert'. I find the mk2 bumper on a mk1, especially when 'flushed' :)yuck:) makes the back end look like a barn door.

Personally I think the mk1 bumper suits a mk1 better, even more so with the mk1's up coming classic status. But I suppose at least it's an easily reversible mod so at the end of the day it's up to you what you fit :)

Which is why the owner of the car above is considering going back to a mk1 bumper eh? ;)

Mk2 bumper looks ok on a mk1, but the mk1 bumper looks more 'pert'. I find the mk2 bumper on a mk1, especially when 'flushed' :)yuck:) makes the back end look like a barn door.

Personally I think the mk1 bumper suits a mk1 better, even more so with the mk1's up coming classic status. But I suppose at least it's an easily reversible mod so at the end of the day it's up to you what you fit :)

well il keep an eye out for a mk2 bumper ;)

Back