1375580-2.jpg

DSC0005215.JPG

DSC0005312.JPG

DSC000549.JPG

DSC0005813.JPG

it is quite simply the coolest car in the world

it is the very early '1299cc' model.
yeah that did confuse me a little! lol

maybe the early ones didnt have e/w? it looks factory handles etc.

I'm almost certain that all UT's came with electric windows as standard. Even more so as the 1984 70S I had for spares came with electric windows and central locking.

What is most likely is that the electric windows failed at some point and have been replaced by wind up mechanisms. I've seen that done on a few UTs and also on the Ebay bargain 1p 70SX me and Jai bought and broke for spares a few years back. It's easy to do as all you do is make a hole in the door card and then just fit a standard winder handle onto the spindle.

Take the door trims off and see if it still has any of the wiring left inside the door. Also see if it has central locking motors as that will be a give away too - if those are fitted then it will most certainly have been fitted with electric windows from new. Also look for the wiring conduit (plastic square tube) that runs from the A post to the door to cover up the wiring. The other giveaway will be to see if it has the electric window solenoids and external fuse box connected to the standard fuse box.

What's the latest with regards to the UT Beau? Any more progress with it?

I'm almost certain that all UT's came with electric windows as standard. Even more so as the 1984 70S I had for spares came with electric windows and central locking.

What is most likely is that the electric windows failed at some point and have been replaced by wind up mechanisms. I've seen that done on a few UTs and also on the Ebay bargain 1p 70SX me and Jai bought and broke for spares a few years back. It's easy to do as all you do is make a hole in the door card and then just fit a standard winder handle onto the spindle.

Take the door trims off and see if it still has any of the wiring left inside the door. Also see if it has central locking motors as that will be a give away too - if those are fitted then it will most certainly have been fitted with electric windows from new. Also look for the wiring conduit (plastic square tube) that runs from the A post to the door to cover up the wiring. The other giveaway will be to see if it has the electric window solenoids and external fuse box connected to the standard fuse box.

What's the latest with regards to the UT Beau? Any more progress with it?
well il take a look when i re-build my drivers door card :p

and the latest... well not good.

it needed a new thermostat housing, so i fitted one, but i think its possibly a faulty new thermostat because it over heated after wards, and blown the water pump. :bang:

(my top rad hose gets very hot while the bottom one stays just hot, which would suggest its not opening i think, the bottom one does get hot but the top one is untouchable, the bottom one i can hold my hand on)

and now the clutch is slipping.

:cry:

and i think its had a dodgy mot, because it failed in july on cv gaitor, steering gaitor, and welding, and none of it has been done yet it passed else where in august.

Last edited:
Hi, the very earliest turbo's did not come with electric windows, or central locking as standard. You may have been able to spec it on the options list. Mine is the same - registered 01/04/1986 and doesn't even come with the red seatbelts!

I suspect yours must be one of the most early (if not the most early) examples left in the UK. Quite a claim if you can prove it somehow!!:)

I suspect yours must be one of the most early (if not the most early) examples left in the UK. Quite a claim if you can prove it somehow!!:)

yeah it is an early one, only reason i bought it really, had never seen a 1985 model before.

hopefully i will get it fixed up soon! :) i think its just a broken temp guage causing my troubles atm.

You have another cool Fiat :eek: I think the wheels need to be a different colour though, so they stand out.

yeah they are a bit black, but dont really want to spray them cos they have been recently re-furbed and they are pretty much spot on, i think maybe a red lip and some centre caps with red on would brighten them up a little though :)

Back