Introduction

1375580-2.jpg

DSC0005215.JPG

DSC0005312.JPG

DSC000549.JPG

DSC0005813.JPG

it is quite simply the coolest car in the world

it is the very early '1299cc' model.
whats not to like? Having said that there is a little cause for concern, the two ebay adverts were wildly overpriced, not much background to the car either, can only presume the pistonheads ad was better and lower. Hows the gearbox? And whats under the bonnet? That intake looks intriguing....good luck

whats not to like? Having said that there is a little cause for concern, the two ebay adverts were wildly overpriced, not much background to the car either, can only presume the pistonheads ad was better and lower. Hows the gearbox? And whats under the bonnet? That intake looks intriguing....good luck

well the piston heads advert was pretty naff too, probably why it didnt sell before hand but its quite a good little uno, had it on the ramp yesterday, done cambelt, service etc cos it was well over due by the looks of it, i paid half the price of his original ebay advert price! lol

the gearbox doesnt like 3rd, i think that is quite normal though isnt it?

just standard engine, which has a misfiring problem now :bang:

check the timing then as you just changed the cambelt.
I quite like the car though, but why have you bought another car, theres no need, you have a problem beau think you should go see somebody!!

it is spot on, and i drove for about 30 miles until the problem happened.

i dont know why either lol, but this one was too good to not buy :p

the gearbox doesnt like 3rd, i think that is quite normal though isnt it?

oh dear, strada gearbox, third gear synchros, well known to fail, hence the move to the tipo box on phase two. watch your launches, she will lunch the the box. might want to start grubbing around for a spare box, plenty of bottom changers do come up(y)

checked the ignition sytem through, cap and rotor are very suspect, and will fail if you breath on them too hard, never like the Ht leads you find on them either.

hows the turrets? and do you have a towbar?:p

pix of engine bay please!

half original advert?! that was about 1850 if memory serves, thats a bit of a marginal call whats the interior like? black with 5 stripe accents? manky(ish)

Last edited:
Just noticed that it's a sunroof model! Does the sunroof still tilt and slide? Any rust around it?

I suspect as well that it may have come with a sunroof as standard, but later on they were optional extras. The original 70S and SX models I'm sure were the same.

By the way Beau, what's the date of registration? You might have one of the earliest turbos around! Hopefully you'll get it mostly back to standard, especially the bumpers and grill. Check out Jai's Tippex Turbo to see how much better they look with black bumpers. Colour coded everything makes a Uno look like a white brick :p

it is registered 26/11/1985

interior is pretty immaculate, it needs a good wash and hoover but barely any wear to it.

i cant get engine pics yet cos you need 2 people to open the bonnet.

and its not rust free im affraid, but it is clean for its year, will get the welder on it soon. (it is mot passable but still not brilliant)

Attachments

• S7001357.JPG
    S7001357.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
  • S7001358.JPG
    S7001358.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • S7001361.JPG
    S7001361.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
  • S7001364.JPG
    S7001364.JPG