Technical Mk1 (09) Tailgate lock mechanism.

Currently reading:
Technical Mk1 (09) Tailgate lock mechanism.

olioblo

Hi , my tailgate lock on MK1 Doblo has stopped working , and looking behind the doorcard I can see the mechanism that goes between the lock cylinder and the clasp that actually holds the door shut is malfunctioning. There is a sliding bit attached to and moved by the the cylinder that is composed of two parallel bits of metal with a slot in them and a short rod through the slots , the whole thing held in shape by some clip/s . It is too loose and I think a clip may have come off , it jams now and the cylinder can't rotate far enough to complete the locking motion. What I would like is a diagram /photo of what it should look like , I've attached photos of what mine looks like , the two parallel plates in the middle of the second image should stay parallel when the lock actuates and the rod slides along the slot , but they splay apart and jam. I'm thinking a clip and/or a spring at this end of the thin rod would stop them splaying. Any help or info much appreciated.
Oli

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 16.40.49.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 16.40.49.png
    690.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 16.40.04.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 16.40.04.png
    950.2 KB · Views: 27
Sorry , I realise I just need to get the bootlatch handle off and probably buy a new one , I was trying to avoid wrestling with hard-to-reach bolts.

Back