General 2009 doblo with tailgate

Currently reading:
General 2009 doblo with tailgate

2204ianf

Tailgate will close and stay shut but key will not lock it. Tried removing to look but recessed Allen bolt just turns. Do I need to drill it out? Keys turns but won't lock. Is it mechanical or electrically powered? Just bought it .

Tailgate will close and stay shut but key will not lock it. Tried removing to look but recessed Allen bolt just turns. Do I need to drill it out? Keys turns but won't lock. Is it mechanical or electrically powered? Just bought it .
Has the vehicle got central locking?
What happens when you lock the drivers door with a key?
My 2010 Doblo Maxi van will lock all doors with the key in drivers door, but only unlocks the front two doors and to open the rear I have to press a button inside the drivers door.
Is it a van or an MPV, do the side doors unlock?

Has the vehicle got central locking?
What happens when you lock the drivers door with a key?
My 2010 Doblo Maxi van will lock all doors with the key in drivers door, but only unlocks the front two doors and to open the rear I have to press a button inside the drivers door.
Is it a van or an MPV, do the side doors unlock?
Yes it's got central locking but only locks drivers and passenger doors I think. It's a mpv with two rear sliding doors. To open rear there is a handle to pull at bottom of hatchback which swings upwards. That bit works but won't lock with key.

Do the side doors lock OK?
If so it looks like you need to take the panel off the rear door and see it is a separate locking solenoid or built into the tailgate lock assembly I think.
Any photo?

Do the side doors lock OK?
If so it looks like you need to take the panel off the rear door and see it is a separate locking solenoid or built into the tailgate lock assembly I think.
Any photo?
Side doors lock with a key.I might try that later this week. I'll take photos if you want.

Update.Took panel off and it's the handle that locks not the catch. Took handle off (3 Allen bolts and unclip solenoid and lever to catch) Solenoid is separate and works when central locking operated.Problem seems to be worn loose mechanism on back of handle.Will lock when handle pulled out but central locking lever wont operate.Very hit and miss.Ordered new handle to hopefully cure problem. Only fly in ointment, got to fit old barrel in.

Update.Took panel off and it's the handle that locks not the catch. Took handle off (3 Allen bolts and unclip solenoid and lever to catch) Solenoid is separate and works when central locking operated.Problem seems to be worn loose mechanism on back of handle.Will lock when handle pulled out but central locking lever wont operate.Very hit and miss.Ordered new handle to hopefully cure problem. Only fly in ointment, got to fit old barrel in.
Usually with key in correct position on barrel, then a clip or similar can be released allowing key and barrel to slide out and be fitted to new lock, good idea to oil a bit at same time.;)

Looks like bugsymike was right.circlip in small groove comes out easy with small jewellers screwdriver. Barrel removed and transferred to new handle.Least of my problems. Tried fitting handle but virtually impossible to put connecting rod on from the outside! Had to take lock off. Disconnect rod from there, fit rod on handle ,fit handle to tailgate, then reconnect rod to lock.
Unfortunately the square welded nut for the lock was loose because bolt was tight\cross threaded? Was able to get a spanner on it to remove lock bolt but can only get to nut when handle is off but you can't fit handle with lock on re connecting rod problem ! Catch 22!
Also immobilizer has activated so can't start now. Need security code but of course didn't come with the car! Another £25 from the dealer for code? Ah well all sent to try us!

Back