Technical Front door Lock barrel replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Front door Lock barrel replacement

Sparkerboy

Good morning can anyone help please ?

I’m having to put a new door lock barrel in the front door I have a new barrel and key but have no idea how to do the replacement and can’t find anything on YouTube

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Found that on youtube. It's in russian, but the guy shows everything, I think :)

Cheers but my lock is different so still none the wiser how to remove the barrel

I’d imagine it’d be quite easy once you know how but I don’t know how🥲🥲

Attachments

• IMG_7730.jpeg
    IMG_7730.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7729.jpeg
    IMG_7729.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7728.jpeg
    IMG_7728.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
I've found the back door lock for the same generation Doblo, most probably it has a very similar construction the one installed in the other doors.

1708704349537.png

I was installing a cylinder in a very similar lock in my side camper door. It is just pushed inside the lock and then locks itself in place. To release it there was a kind of lever to push (from inside the door / handle assembly). Looking at this photo I'd try to push the metal part which sticks to the right from the black plastic cover. As far as I remember, in my lock, I was only able to take the lock cylinder out in a one precise position of the key. Same for installing the cylinder back.

Last edited:
I've found the back door lock for the same generation Doblo, most probably it has a very similar construction the one installed in the other doors.

View attachment 438932
I was installing a cylinder in a very similar lock in my side camper door. It is just pushed inside the lock and then locks itself in place. To release it there was a kind of lever to push (from inside the door / handle assembly). Looking at this photo I'd try to push the metal part which sticks to the right from the black plastic cover. As far as I remember, in my lock, I was only able to take the lock out in a one precise position of the key. Same for installing the cylinder back.
Thanks very much I’ll try that tomorrow appreciate your help👍

Good morning all more help required

I bought a 2011 Doblo van which had no lock on the drivers door so I bought the below and fitted it but am struggling to see what the lock connects to so the door locks??

I have circled (below) the silver bit on the back of the key mechanism that should bring down the handle inside the door as it does on the passenger side but can’t work out what connects to what

I could strip the door panel off the passenger door but was hoping somebody on here could save me that problem

I’m sure it’s straightforward but I’m struggling

Thanks in advance for any info that sorts this for me

Cheers

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_7770.jpeg
    IMG_7770.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 16
In the photos of your 2nd post here the metal part has a plastic element in it. This kind of element in general holds a metal bar bent to 90 degrees at the end.

1709631468498.png

The plastic element is number 5 on the ePER drawing. The bar is number 12. The bar connects to the lock itself. In my opinion the barrel is connected to the handle via the lock. I'd say that the cable on the left of the lock attaches to the internal handle.

Details with part numbers here:

Last edited:
In the photos of your 2nd post here the metal part has a plastic element in it. This kind of element in general holds a metal bar bent to 90 degrees at the end.

View attachment 439435

The plastic element is number 5 on the ePER drawing. The bar is number 12. The bar connects to the lock itself. In my opinion the barrel is connected to the handle via the lock. I'd say that the cable on the left of the lock attaches to the handle.

Details with part numbers here:

Thanks very much but I’m thinking this is beyond me lol I can’t even work out how to order the 2 parts from that ePER site and then I’d have no idea where they fit so it looks like I’ll need to strip the passenger door panel for a look at where it connects between the rear of the lock and the handle in the door panel
Any idea how I can order this 2 bits?
Cheers

The plastic element is on your old barrel. No need to order it, it doesn't look broken. But you can, it's cheap. I'd check if the metal bar isn't hanging loose somewhere from the lock. Or could also have fallen down the door.

Take a photo from the top of the bottom of the handle. I'll try to show you where the bar should go :)

No idea if you can order directly from ePER (I don't think so), but if you click on the maginifying glass on the right side of the part number, it is redirecting you to a search in your favourite browser. Check some UK online shops. You could also ask your usual shop / part supplier or even a local Fiat garage, they all should be able to order it for you.

Confirm the part number in ePER with your own VIN. To have more certitude it will fit.

Last edited:
The plastic element is on your old barrel. No need to order it, it doesn't look broken. But you can, it's cheap. I'd check if the metal bar isn't hanging loose somewhere from the lock. Or could also have fallen down the door.

Take a photo from the top of the bottom of the handle. I'll try to show you where the bar should go :)

No idea if you can order directly from ePER (I don't think so), but if you click on the maginifying glass on the right side of the part number, it is redirecting you to a search in your favourite browser. Check some UK online shops. You could also ask your usual shop / part supplier or even a local Fiat garage, they all should be able to order it for you.

Confirm the part number in ePER with your own VIN. To have more certitude it will fit.

Thanks I’m home Friday and I’ll get a photo but it’s starting to makes sense now
I tried Fiat but they can’t get the metal bar it’s on back order so they don’t even have a date
This might sound daft but could I make something if I can’t source the part?

If it is no longer available, the only thing to do is find a Doblo on a scrapyard and carve the part out :D

That's a photo of a Nemo / Fiorino aftermarket front door handle. They say it suits the Doblo 2010+. So it should fit yours.

1709653077094.png

Those are 2 photos of a 2009 Doblo left hand side front door new OEM lock (but different part number than the one in the ePER we've found, but the logic should be very similar):

1709653167282.png

1709653204908.png

On the handle you can see 3 plastic clips retaining the bars. One of the bars is attached between the lock cylinder and the bottom part of the handle. I can't see it on the photo you've added in the beginning of the thread. Another clip is for the bar that should in my opinion connect to the lock. As you can see on the 3rd photo, there is a bar on the lock. It has a similar form of the one you need, but it's hard to say it's the exact same one you need. The ePER drawing is a flat, schematic drawing only (for example it doesn't show the bar in the handle), so the form we see doesn't have to be 100% real. I'd check on the lock if it isn't attached to it.

There's also a wire that connects to the interior handle, I've found on the internet it's the same as for the Opel (sorry, Vauxhall :p) Combo D.

1709654127251.png

Loooking at the photos of the Doblo 2010+ and the Combo D plus at the production plant, it's the same van. So, you can check in the Vauxhall dealer, too.

The best would be to look inside the door at the bottom, look at the lock, take photos and perhaps we'll be able to find the connections :D

If it is no longer available, the only thing to do is find a Doblo on a scrapyard and carve the part out :D

That's a photo of a Nemo / Fiorino aftermarket front door handle. They say it suits the Doblo 2010+. So it should fit yours.

View attachment 439458

Those are 2 photos of a 2009 Doblo left hand side front door new OEM lock (but different part number than the one in the ePER we've found, but the logic should be very similar):

View attachment 439460
View attachment 439461

On the handle you can see 3 plastic clips retaining the bars. One of the bars is attached between the lock cylinder and the bottom part of the handle. I can't see it on the photo you've added in the beginning of the thread. Another clip is for the bar that should in my opinion connect to the lock. As you can see on the 3rd photo, there is a bar on the lock. It has a similar form of the one you need, but it's hard to say it's the exact same one you need. The ePER drawing is a flat, schematic drawing only (for example it doesn't show the bar in the handle), so the form we see doesn't have to be 100% real. I'd check on the lock if it isn't attached to it.

There's also a wire that connects to the interior handle, I've found on the internet it's the same as for the Opel (sorry, Vauxhall :p) Combo D.

View attachment 439463

Loooking at the photos of the Doblo 2010+ and the Combo D plus at the production plant, it's the same van. So, you can check in the Vauxhall dealer, too.

The best would be to look inside the door at the bottom, look at the lock, take photos and perhaps we'll be able to find the connections :D
Cheers

I’ve emailed half a dozen breakers so hopefully get the rod

The cable in the last photo is in the van and operates as it should opening the door from the inside

It’s the rod between the lock and the inside door handle that’ll lock the door when the key is turned that’s missing

When I get home I’ll get photos and post them but that’ll be friday

Appreciate your help

I’ve emailed half a dozen breakers so hopefully get the rod
I'll try to remember the word 'breaker' ;) I've seen it a couple of times here but keep forgetting it :(

The cable in the last photo is in the van and operates as it should opening the door from the inside

It’s the rod between the lock and the inside door handle that’ll lock the door when the key is turned that’s missing

Yes, I understand that. That's also an example of the ePER drawing beeing only schematic - on the photo I've attached you can clearly see it is a separete part. F**K Fiat they don't provide it as a spare (as it doesn't have a reference part number in the ePER), I think it's one of the most problematic part in the handle / lock set. You'll probably have easy access to it while playing with attaching the bar to the lock. Spray a fair amount of a silicone spray inside the tube that covers the wire. Both sides. If it blocks inside, it is quite often bent and very hard to make it work properly again. Of course cleaning and greasing the whole lock + handles is also a good idea :)

When I get home I’ll get photos and post them but that’ll be friday

No problem, I'm watching the thread so I'll get notified.

I’m having to eat my words here lol the Fiat dealership in Inverness who said there was a back order on the parts just called me to tell me they had managed to get hold of the rod and the clip and they are posting them out today total price £12 including postage so at least when I get home I’ll have the parts

Back