General Missing Cinq fuel filler key- what to do?

Currently reading:
General Missing Cinq fuel filler key- what to do?

Steve70

Hi everyone, just taken delivery of a low mileage '97 R reg Cinquecento S. It only came with the blue key, which I assumed would also do the fuel filler, as it does on my Seicento. Wrong! It looks like it needs a separate key for the fuel cap and it's missing. There's no reference number embossed on the lock so I'm not sure how to source a replacement key. Perhaps its easier just to get another fuel cap with key from a scrap car, in which case whats the best method of removing the current one?

Thanks!
Steve

Hi everyone, just taken delivery of a low mileage '97 R reg Cinquecento S. It only came with the blue key, which I assumed would also do the fuel filler, as it does on my Seicento. Wrong! It looks like it needs a separate key for the fuel cap and it's missing. There's no reference number embossed on the lock so I'm not sure how to source a replacement key. Perhaps its easier just to get another fuel cap with key from a scrap car, in which case whats the best method of removing the current one?

Thanks!
Steve
Can you get apicture of the filler cap so we can work out if it is a genuine fiat one or a replacement.. i know the cinq caps do sometimes get really tight with age and although it feela lile the key is about to shear off in your hand they can and do often come open

Thanks for the reply. Here's a photo of the cap for which I have no key.

I've asked the seller if he has the missing key, but don't hold out much hope!

It looks like there are plenty of new caps & keys on ebay but of course this one will still have to be removed somehow....

Steve

Attachments

• Cap.jpg
    Cap.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Crisis over. The previous owner has found the missing key and is sending it to me.
Let's hope it doesn't get lost in the post!

Steve.

for future reference, you can buy a lockset for a cinq from before immobilsers and they are cheap cheap. Then you can have a key that does both doors, the boot and the fuel cap, clearly you'd have to keep the original ignition key to start the car but in a pinch its a cheap decent fix.. You could just get another key cut to match it though if you are worried ;)

Back