messed up removing xp password

Currently reading:
messed up removing xp password

I have an old laptop it had windows password on it, i ran one of the things from hirens disk to get rid of it, i think that worked
but then it said some thing about add card to start for extra security, i didnt do that i tried restart but now it goes to load windows but reboots before it does. i think i remember this was a problem years ago and there was a patch for it, or was that win 98? :eek:
i an on it now using the mini xp so laptop works. its got sticker and xp pro licence on the back but i cant find my xp pro disc to reinstall.

try booting up in safe mode unless its changed windows xp has a default admin account that is not password protected you can then use that to remove the password from other accounts

What version of Hirens are you using and what password app? I always use "active password" remover on hirens 10.6. Lets you view all the accounts too so you can re-enable any that are disabled and do what jip0 suggests :D.

Oh and f*** me I managed without an IT Degree :chin:

does it have ghost partition?

depending on the system etc depends if it does, started with Packard Bell in 2005 (when i worked for them xp based)

stick 7 on it?

use a trail version to test it and if you don't wipe the HDD you will save the data back it all up and then find the means of activation most convenient for you?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-7.shtml << free LEGAL trial

Back