Technical Megasquirt construction project

Currently reading:
Technical Megasquirt construction project

37 miles of country lanes and i can say it now lives again :eek: :D :worship: (y)

It's been a while since i drove the car, so nice to be back in the seat again :)

misfiring/tach spike has pretty much gone, apart from when the vr came loose, but thats sorted now.

Drove fine, pulls well, sounds nice, as always :D

It's a real big sense of achievement to get to where I have, building it all from scratch including the ecu. Now roll on the logging, tweaking and hardware upgrades :D

Kristian

Great to hear after all this time, you got it up and running again! Should be ace espec when the new engine goes in!

Now you have yours running you can build one for me? £10,000 for all the agro cover it!! Would love to MS mine as would be the only way I could really afford a custom ECU.

Just ended up having to turn the VR pot r56 a few turns clockwise. I didn't think i would have needed to touch it, and it was only out of boredom it had a twiddle, and it all sorted itself out :D

Going to drive it to Portsmouth today and back tomorrow, so its going to be a baptism by fire. Lets hope the leaking rad holds up for the trip :D

@JR, sure I'll build you one if you want, it would be nice to do another, and I have learned a lot from doing the first one :)

Kristian

As you know i'm only just down the road from Portsmouth so if you get stuck, give me a ring! lol.

Maybe I can talk to you about a poss ms build and agree a fee next time we meet up!

Hope it all goes ok.

Engine is running fine now. And i have a fully working stepper motor, running on closed-loop PID mode. Just like stock.

Didn't had the time to fix the tacho, but i will use pots, so i'll find the right value by testing.

Back