Technical marea boot lock

Currently reading:
Technical marea boot lock

mark85

have a weekend and just last night when i locked the doors the central locking kicks in ok but the tailgate doesn't lock but you can here the the lock
engaging. now if i open the tailgate wide and try to lock the doors the buttons all come up to signify an open door ( the tail gate ) any one any ideas as to why the tailgate closes ok but won't lock..:confused:

Possibly a knackered central locking motor in the tailgate. Have you tried fooling the system into thinking the boot is closed? Possibly there is a linkage broken inside. I'd imagine you need to open the back of the tail up to do some more testing.

hi guys thaks for the quick response the handle on the tailgate is fine, hellcat what do you mean "Have you tried fooling the system into thinking the boot is closed?" sorry if that sounds a daft question (just woke up after night shift!!) think i might have to try and strip it down but thanks for the replies.will post results ... now for breakfast..!! :)

mark85 said:
hi guys thaks for the quick response the handle on the tailgate is fine, hellcat what do you mean "Have you tried fooling the system into thinking the boot is closed?" sorry if that sounds a daft question (just woke up after night shift!!) think i might have to try and strip it down but thanks for the replies.will post results ... now for breakfast..!! :)

good luck stripping it, theres not alot you can get access to lol

its a common fault with weekends, my tailgate handle has two holes in it and a loop of string to pull it down before locking.... there has been a string in the forum about tailgate locks, so try searching before you do anything else. Good luck.:)

werdna said:
its a common fault with weekends, my tailgate handle has two holes in it and a loop of string to pull it down before locking.... there has been a string in the forum about tailgate locks, so try searching before you do anything else. Good luck.:)

i like the string idea.... but rather have one that works lol, i will dismantel it at some point when i get round to it... got slightly more major things to fix first

only took me 'till now to get it fixed and what a bargain first of all it was the barrell that was seazed:( so stopping the central locking Solenoid from pulling
the arm across to lock boot :( so went to scrappy found a marea took the whole handle assy inc the barrell fitted it on and it all now works also got a rear wiper motor as well total cost £20. to have the parts from fiat handle assy £70+vat for the sake of one boot lock a whole set are needed at £200 +vat the only draw back and it is'nt really is you can't open or lock the boot by key as it would be a diff key but hey thats what central locking's for :D..
now onto the air-con:rolleyes:

Back