Technical Marea ABS light

Currently reading:
Technical Marea ABS light

chrisbombhead

I've read most of the other threads regarding this subject but thought i'd put my problem to you all.

I've had the Marea 2.0l 2000 for a week, the ABS light is off for about 1-2miles then comes on and stays on for the rest of the journey. If I start it up within a few hours it will still be on but if it's left overnight then it all starts again with it being off.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for you help.

usual cause of ABS faults is wheel sensors.. examine all the wheel speed sensors and make sure the tips are clean and not clogged with dirt or metal particles, also make sure the rotor teeth/slots are clean as well. check for different/excessive gaps as well. check the connections at each sensor, and if you have a multimeter you can check the resistance of each of them, they should be all the same (can't remember expected resistance). at the same time you could raise each wheel and check the AC voltage coming off them while spinning the wheel. again, a major difference would indicate a problem. Be careful removing sensors, they may be well stuck in.. dont hammer them, soak with WD40 and try again.

If all seems ok, disconnect the battery and disconnect the connector from the ABS unit and inspect for corrosion on the pins. Also, inspect the connectors on the sensor wires coming up from the wheels if there are any (near the suspension turrets and under back seats i think). If all of this seems ok and light still comes on, a diagnostic is in order

There is a overheating issue in Kelsey-Hayes abs unit. And when unit is heating it goes to fail mode and it drops abs out and turns the light on. And i think, it doesn´t cool so fast as you told after few hours. But when ignition is turned off for a longer time, it cools down and then resets ecus faults and the abs light is turned off. This is only my theory...

Back