Technical Marea 1.6 engin will not turn off!! It's ALIVE

Currently reading:
Technical Marea 1.6 engin will not turn off!! It's ALIVE

wildfire

Hi all,

After a few problems with my car over the last few weeks, things have just got a little stranger. One of my lights (near side front full beam) stopped working a while ago so I cross wired it to the other side - perfect.

But the car today (three weeks after the headlight thing) refuses to turn off. All the electrics turn off, the dash, the lights, the fans, the everything... except the engine. The only way I have found to tund it off is to put it in reverse... weird. Has anyone got the fogiest what is going on.

Puzzled and a little scared that my car thinks it is alive!!

Dan

Just a suggestion after having something similar on a citroen BX years ago.
Had a fuel solinoid go south on me and the car would not start. took the centre out and it would start but not switch off, had to stall it but it got me home.
Fitted new solinoid and hey presto.
Could this be the reverse, ie as Hellcat suggests an open circuit on the solinoid keeping the fuel running. ??? Or does that only apply to diesels.
DAlex

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

I think that its days may well be numbererd... It is most definatly a petrol car, and has it's own way of keeping going some how. Just went out and poked around some more in the dark, and now we have the added item that is the enginge warning light is now on constant. AS if I did not know there was a problem..... grrrr... If there is not a strait forward explanation, then it will have to be scrapped, because I can not afford to get a garage to look at it. From hatch back comfort to two wheel pain. The bicycle is calling...

£30 is that all it would cost? Well that is a diferent matter - Will get it sorted then and get the diagnosis, will post when I have it.

Cheers

Back