Technical Manual properly assemble Skywindow

Currently reading:
Technical Manual properly assemble Skywindow

i read some time ago that there is a manual on how to properly align and assemble the sunroof. i managed to find the necessary parts finally to fix my sunroof but would like to get a hold of this guide to make sure i assemble it back again correctly. can anyone share this with me?

I'm sure I answered your e-mail about this over a month ago. :confused:

Anyway... this is all the information about the sunroof from the eLEARN manual.

Hope you can understand it better than I could.

Attachments

• Roof 1.JPG
    Roof 1.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 680
  • Roof 2.JPG
    Roof 2.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 590
  • Roof 3.JPG
    Roof 3.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 569
  • Roof 4.JPG
    Roof 4.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 560
  • Roof 5.JPG
    Roof 5.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 533
  • Roof 6.JPG
    Roof 6.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 500
  • Roof 7.JPG
    Roof 7.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 449
  • Roof 8.JPG
    Roof 8.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 521
  • Roof 9.JPG
    Roof 9.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 685
wow just managed to read it in detail sounds scary i hope i dont have to adjust this stuff when i replace the cable. maybe the last glass panel at the rear needs a bit of downward adjustment.

Then again i think if i just change the outer rubber seal with a new one it will be a nice tight fit without playing with these adjustments.

Re: Manual to assemble Skywindow

im bringing this topic back up, i managed to find sunroof cables but disassembling the donor was a nightmare. Elearn has no detail of how to do this procedure other than how to remove the glass panels and replace the motors and rubber trim. Is there a proper guid on removing the and fitting all the internal parts of the sunroof out there?

Re: Manual to assemble Skywindow

eLEARN only shows how to replace the glass panels and motors because they are the only spare parts available from Fiat. For anything else, you have to replace the whole roof according to Fiat.

I read somewhere that it's the same or similar roof fitted to the Mercedes A Class and that some spare parts that are available from Mercedes. You may find a better guide to dismantling the roof from a Mercedes forum or worksho manual.

i looked around for info on the A class roof since they seem to be quite similar
and came across this unofficial guide. Clearly the parts are different in the runner area.

i havent found how to take out the runner cable yet something is keeping it in there and dunno what. i see two tiny screws holding down the hinge of the first glass inside where the runner pulls but it seems like its imposisble to reach them in there so they must come out some other way

http://pimvanderzwet.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/w168-webasto-repair.pdf

Last edited:
Sorry to bump an old thread, question....

The seals between the segments of glass on the sky roof, are they available anywhere?

I'm asking because mine don't seem to go end to end, they're about 2 inches or so shorter than the width of the panels (On all panels, some are all the way to the near side and some to the off side). Is that normal, or have they heat shrunk over the years. I don't get any water into the cabin when shut, but so notice a bit of wind noise on the motorway. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to bump an old thread, question....

The seals between the segments of glass on the sky roof, are they available anywhere?

I'm asking because mine don't seem to go end to end, they're about 2 inches or so shorter than the width of the panels (On all panels, some are all the way to the near side and some to the off side). Is that normal, or have they heat shrunk over the years. I don't get any water into the cabin when shut, but so notice a bit of wind noise on the motorway. Thanks in advance.

The gap is standard, Any water going thru this, flows away through the watering channel en thru the pipes in the A and C pillars. You can test if the pipes are open by pouring some water on the roof and see if the water comes out by the front and rear wheels.

Hi I havent been around for a while but I still have my Stilo Sporting thought I would give this thread a bump see if I could get any help.. I have developed a fault with my skyroof it has got jammed somewhere but I came across two videos on youtube the only trouble is they are talking in Italian it would be great if it were possible for someone to be able to interperate this in english. :confused:

Back