General m-Jet or T-Jet?

Currently reading:
General m-Jet or T-Jet?

lol, yep, i'm off to bed.....my point is valid though, weight, handling and braking can make a less powefull car the quicker (y)

forget the comment about my car...not really that relevant here.

Kristian

//edit, maybe i should stay in my own section lol? also not that young ;)

Last edited:
The T jet is 150kg lighter for starters...

The M jet is nose heavy and can easily get out of shape from what I discovered on my test drive. :eek:

On anything but a motorway the T Jet should have the edge in my opinion as it should handle much sharper.

Just my opinion....

m-jet remapped 170 bhp at least torque 260lbs t-jet remapped 150bhp as for torque on the t-jet cant be arsed looking it up as it dont matter.end of:slayer:

m-jet remapped 170 bhp at least torque 260lbs t-jet remapped 150bhp as for torque on the t-jet cant be arsed looking it up as it dont matter.end of:slayer:
Like I said, just my opinion...But hey you seem to be an expert on performance, so I'll defer. :p

In your opinion Jassyo what is most important to performance, torque or BHP?

Oh dear ….The Vicky Pollard in my passenger seat re-mapping clan have clouded the original purpose of the thread question I fear! Maybe you could wait until next year for the Abarth Bruno 83. Just a thought as it’s designed to go very fast.

Keeping within the constraints of the standard models that Fiat spent years developing, there is absolutely no difference between the handling capabilities of the two versions. The only example you could use is that the M-Jet feels marginally more stable at higher speeds or general motorway driving.

Last edited:
Keeping within the constraints of the standard models that Fiat spent years developing, there is absolutely no difference between the handling capabilities of the two versions. The only example you could use is that the M-Jet feels marginally more stable at higher speeds or general motorway driving.
I apologise for digressing...but..

I am interested to understand this comment that an extra 150KG at the nose of the M Jet will not affect the handling as compared to the T Jet? Seems to defy the laws of physics if that's the case...or is the suspension stiffer on the M Jet?

Unless Fiat know something that other manufacturers don't (unlikely!) the addition of 150kg of iron or whatever to the nose of a car will always make it more prone to terminal understeer. It certainly wont make it go around sharp bends any quicker. Even if you had 200 horses pulling you, its still more likely that you will either get the dreaded slither, wheel spin or the ESP cutting in and the result would be less cornering performance and probably less performance full stop.
On the straights its a different matter, but there aren't many Roman roads around here!
I owned two VW Polos back-to-back, a 75hp 1.4 petrol and a chipped 75 (supposed to be 91) hp diesel. The petrol model could run rings around the diesel and the only time their performance on the twisties was ever similar was after I put a set of aftermarket 17" Audi rims on shod with 5hitty Avons.
According to FIATS own workshop manual all the suspension systems are near enough identical, only the thickness of the steel on the rear torque tube linking the suspension arms is different between petrol & diesel engined variants.

Last edited:
lol looking at both STANDARD models, i think they are very close in figures.

yeah of course they are have not said they where just when retuned or mapped.this has been argued out on many a thread.t-jet m-jet.B road/motorway it does not matter.if either one is your car you are going to think the other is inferior.as long as you are happy with what you have got who gives a toss:)

yeah of course they are have not said they where just when retuned or mapped.this has been argued out on many a thread.t-jet m-jet.B road/motorway it does not matter.if either one is your car you are going to think the other is inferior.as long as you are happy with what you have got who gives a toss:)

you talk sense ;)

You brought up remapping saying a M Jet remapped would blow away a T Jet?! D'oh!!

:bang:

You brought up remapping saying a M Jet remapped would blow away a T Jet?! D'oh!!

:bang:
yeah i know what i posted, t-jet against m-jet i referred too DALT!!!!!!!!
has been disgussed on numerous threads.think thats enough said on the t-jet m-jet matter doh

i went for the T-jet as it was faster, lighter and cheaper! i got mine for £9250 with 2 miles on the clock. more than happy with it! i do mainly A road and B road driving so suits me better. for the insurance costs the performance is very good (my MK2 1.2 sporting was IG 7, T-jet is only 6!). at the end of the day M-jet owners will say its better and T-jet owners will say thats better! drive em both and see.

i went for the T-jet as it was faster, lighter and cheaper! i got mine for £9250 with 2 miles on the clock. more than happy with it! i do mainly A road and B road driving so suits me better. for the insurance costs the performance is very good (my MK2 1.2 sporting was IG 7, T-jet is only 6!). at the end of the day M-jet owners will say its better and T-jet owners will say thats better! drive em both and see.

thats your opinion t-jet owner.i have driven both cars the t-jet aint any quicker.neither is better than the other they are for types of mile users

Diesels and petrols are both compltetly different cars when you think about it :p

I would sooner have a petrol car, such as the t-jet if i were to be nipping around town or doing shorter journeys.

But as i often stray onto the motorway or do longer journeys then i would say that the Multijet would swing it my way (for the extra fuel returns etc etc).

I dont know what im doing in this section, im a JTD Stilo driver :p

I'd like to settle this, and I don't really care if we are digressing.

For all you lot who reckon a remapped T-jet would beat a remapped M-jet, go read up on diesel and petrol tuning, learn something, then come back and put your point across. Because at the monent you are infuriating me.

Weight does not even come into the issue really as common rail diesel engines respond a hell of alot better to a remap than a turbo petrol ever will, the difference in weight is not enough to counteract the fact that a remapped diesel has alot more power than a remapped petrol. END OF.

@Jassyo - I don't even know why we grace some people with responses.

Last edited:
Bruno, look what have you started! :D

At the risk of repeating what's been said already: drive both and see which you prefer. The figures by themselves don't count for much, they only tell a small part of the story. Do a good test mileage in both, preferably over the same varied route and get a feel for their individual characteristics. Restating the obvious, diesels and petrol do drive very differently and only you can tell which style you prefer. It won't matter a jot that the M-Jet can potentially be tuned to be quicker than the T-Jet if you can't stand driving it!

Oh - and for a bit of light relief - can I add the best way to save money is not down to which fuel you choose, but rather the choice not to buy a car new! ;)

You would soon get rid of it and buy a diesel, i am lucky to see 30 mpg around town in my petrol car

You cant call any diesel car 'nippy' to say the least.

When my stilo went into the garage and i got a grande punto as a courtesy car going through the town/city to get to the motorway was so much fun, nipping from one traffic light to the next, as soon as i got on the motorway it ran out off puf and i wished i was in a diesel - like my stilo :D

The multi-jet is used in many commercialized vans and lorry's. (cough reliable)

It's meant for the motorway! But i cannot say i would go for a petrol version of the fiat grande punto as i have drove a multitude of them before i got my diesel.

Last edited:
Back