IMG_20230109_174348.jpg

Panda Lpg Panda 169

One owner 29,000 miles, 2010 Model 169 , 111A Rosso paint,

Introduction

Been looking for a low mileage example MK2 for a while now and found it in Peterborough, one owner 29,000 miles 2010 reg( in fact one rear tyre is date stamped 2610 , an Conti Ecocontact 3 as is the space saver tyre). The interior is pristine and unadulterated. My current car that I converted in 2012 refuses to die and has indeed just passed another MOT , is a Citroen C1 (161000 miles) 2007 but this has given me time to convert the Panda at my leisure which is SORN . Only the gas feed pipe is left to fit. By the way, I bought an accessory socket ,fitted it to the plug under the console and it worked. The engine fuse box had both fuse 85 and the t31 relay. It has power when the ignition is on only. New rear axle (£140 plus postage) ,exhaust box ,springs, shocks.
the kit is called the 'Italian KING Kit' and consists of a KING MP48 non OBD ECU, with wiring harness, switch, MP01 MAP sensor
VALTEK TYPE 30 4CYL injectors with 4mm calibration nozzles
OMVL VALTEK CPR reducer with bracket and temperature sensor
0-90Ohm level sender (Tomasetto standard) (£173.000 from LPG shop)
The kit on my Citroen C1 shares the same MP48 ecu but has a Biagotti ( fast rail) injectors , a Bigas R1-21J junior vaporizer. I can get 300 miles from 30Ltrs of LPG. I got a bigger tank for the Panda as it has an extra cylinder. The LPG has been removed from Chievley services but there is a shell garage in Reading and a gas bottling (Autogas) place in Aborfield which is 10 pence a ltr cheaper.
Are you saying that the Panda,s from 2012 on are mk4,s ?

the kit is called the 'Italian KING Kit' and consists of a KING MP48 non OBD ECU, with wiring harness, switch, MP01 MAP sensor
VALTEK TYPE 30 4CYL injectors with 4mm calibration nozzles
OMVL VALTEK CPR reducer with bracket and temperature sensor
0-90Ohm level sender (Tomasetto standard) (£173.000 from LPG shop)
The kit on my Citroen C1 shares the same MP48 ecu but has a Biagotti ( fast rail) injectors , a Bigas R1-21J junior vaporizer. I can get 300 miles from 30Ltrs of LPG. I got a bigger tank for the Panda as it has an extra cylinder. The LPG has been removed from Chievley services but there is a shell garage in Reading and a gas bottling (Autogas) place in Aborfield which is 10 pence a ltr cheaper.
Are you saying that the Panda,s from 2012 on are mk4,s ?
Yes the current model is the Mk4 from 2012>

The availability of LPG is certainly reducing. Shell have phased out most of their stations, although Morrisons are going strong still.

My local Calor center used to do it and it was circa 20p a litre cheaper than everywhere else locally, but after their machine / pump broke a few times they gave up on repairing it and have stopped now 😕

LPG Panda
Interesting post which, as of Jan 2023, would seem to worth more discussion. Any ability to diversify fuels for transport is worth further discussion.
Tesco, Asda, etc are using compressed natural gas (CNG) in their big HGVs. They still burn some diesel but it’s only there for sparking the gas. Big snag is the need for gas certified engineers to work on them. As if a boiler installer knows anything about HGV trucks.

Had problem , the ABS light wouldn't go out just after I spliced into the injector wires. When we had that really cold weather. My brain was telling me they are no way connected. Any way I got a replacement module from Ebay (second hand) from a 2009 year car. Removed the battery and tray and extended connections with battery jump leads so I could connect replacement module on the fly and guess what , the light went out. The car has not moved in 6 months and then the ABS plays up ?. Anyway connected,bled, and MOT,d. . P.s as I got it out of the garage for the drive to the MOT , the power steering went and the 'steering wheel ' light came on. Removed and reinserted fuse. Good to go. P.p.s. Hav,nt filled up with LPG yet as I just wanted to get 12 months ticket under my belt. Besides ,the C1 passed it,s MOT as well and it's LPG is still going fine. ( panda had 12 hours insurance to get it to garage and back).

Back