Styling Lowered My GP - 40mm aint enough...

Currently reading:
Styling Lowered My GP - 40mm aint enough...

Lol, how observant of you. Nah, that's where my car lives it's close to the front door this way :p

take it you know the local traffic warden. (y)

When lowering the car the drive shaft is getting more an angle to the axis through the hub, which means with every mm lower it will get harder for the engine to move it, which in turn increases stress on the diff, gearbox and CV joints.

was goin to attempt to explain that but i think you have just hit the nail on the head. lol

When lowering the car the drive shaft is getting more an angle to the axis through the hub, which means with every mm lower it will get harder for the engine to move it, which in turn increases stress on the diff, gearbox and CV joints.

Ok, erm, so 40mm is the maximum it can safely be dropped then? Hmm, that' fairly annoying coz it doesnt even look lowered. Anyone got any solutions other than gettin a different car?

I want it to look like the GPS lowered by 30mm which looks just right in my opinion.

Cheers,
Mark

Ok, erm, so 40mm is the maximum it can safely be dropped then? Hmm, that' fairly annoying coz it doesnt even look lowered. Anyone got any solutions other than gettin a different car?

I want it to look like the GPS lowered by 30mm which looks just right in my opinion.

Cheers,
Mark

Oldschool is right but I don't think this sort of wear is going to happen in the time you own the car.

Oldschool is right but I don't think this sort of wear is going to happen in the time you own the car.

Sorry Kris but I have to disagree from experience. I have seen in my time many diffs going and drive shafts too in less than a few months after lowering.

What we have attempted in race cars that are close to production models is to lift the engine with the gearbox if it was not possible to rotate the engine slightly to bring the diff position up.

Sorry Kris but I have to disagree from experience. I have seen in my time many diffs going and drive shafts too in less than a few months after lowering.

What we have attempted in race cars that are close to production models is to lift the engine with the gearbox if it was not possible to rotate the engine slightly to bring the diff position up.

I've never seen this happen peter but obviously you have more experience than me. I didn't think it was a particularly common problem in cars with large drops? I knew it caused wear, but not to that extent.

I've never seen this happen peter but obviously you have more experience than me. I didn't think it was a particularly common problem in cars with large drops? I knew it caused wear, but not to that extent.

On the Fiat side we are talking front wheel drive only, which is where the problems are occuring. On rear wheel drive cars it is different as the drive shafts in virtually all applications in a fixed position.

This might not apply to mid engined cars.

Cheers,
Mark

maybe put some sporting skirts on the car, that will make it look much lower i feel.

Just over a week ago

i was goin to say if it was only done a couple of days ago, then give it a week or two to settle in. i out 60mm springs on my fiesta and it made no difference to start with then after a week it was touchin the floor lol

i was goin to say if it was only done a couple of days ago, then give it a week or two to settle in. i out 60mm springs on my fiesta and it made no difference to start with then after a week it was touchin the floor lol

Yeah, they did drop a lil bit after puttin em on but nothing too drastic. The thing with the car is, it's the first car I've had worth spending money on, and i want it to look as good as possible and not to have been a total waste and end up with something that looks cheap and tacky.

I was contemplating on getting a set of PI's but dont think I will bother, look nice lowered like, but im not to keep on it after seeing a pic of a lowered GP, the thought was good but think I will leave mine as standard. (y)

it looks fine the way it is mate, i wouldn't go anymore than 40mm from experience to be honest, looks nice and subtle.

it looks fine the way it is mate, i wouldn't go anymore than 40mm from experience to be honest, looks nice and subtle.

Hmmm, for now it will be staying like this. But i saw an Audi A3 last night which was properly lowered, looked really nice. Will have to see.

yeah there is lowered and looking good but there is also lowered and being practical, if you lower it too much then you will regret it, trust me.

Yeah, totally know what you're saying, gettin the balance between the 2 is hard, and the cost also pays a big part.

Bloody cars, jus a big drain to chuck my hard.......erm, my earned pennies into :bang:

don't throw in the towel mate, honestly it is fine, looks smart, what size are the wheels and also what is the offset if you know?

correct me if i'm wrong but sometimes the offset can adjust the height of yor car, not by alot but a noticable amount. maybe someone else on here will know.

Back