Low Oil Pressure Intermittent Warning

Currently reading:
Low Oil Pressure Intermittent Warning

becca2bliss

Hi, I have a 2013 Fiat Pop just over 50K and out of warranty. The "Low Oil Pressure, Pull Over and Turn Off Engine" warning keeps popping up intermittently. Oil is clean and filled properly. Light seems to come on mostly when brake and clutch are depressed and car is angled down hill.

A mechanic has checked it over and said there is no moisture around the sensor indicating that the sensor seems to be okay. He also said the car is not making any unusual noise. I asked if it could be the oil pump and he said not likely on a car with such low mileage.

I don't think he actually checked the pump though. Is it hard to get to? Should I have another mechanic check it? Any idea how much that would cost?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice!

Hi, I have a 2013 Fiat Pop just over 50K and out of warranty. The "Low Oil Pressure, Pull Over and Turn Off Engine" warning keeps popping up intermittently. Oil is clean and filled properly. Light seems to come on mostly when brake and clutch are depressed and car is angled down hill.

A mechanic has checked it over and said there is no moisture around the sensor indicating that the sensor seems to be okay. He also said the car is not making any unusual noise. I asked if it could be the oil pump and he said not likely on a car with such low mileage.

I don't think he actually checked the pump though. Is it hard to get to? Should I have another mechanic check it? Any idea how much that would cost?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice!

Hi, and welcome,:)

it's unlikely the pump is worn.., :)
worth getting the oil AND FILTER changed..as the filter COULD be restricting oil flow..,
however the comment of vehicle pointing downhill , etc , could point to an oil pick-up ( inside the engine) fault,
or even a poor electrical connection.:eek:

there SHOULD be a way of connecting to the cars electronics and finding the oil pressure the sensor is actually sseing, ;)
Charlie - Oxford - UK

Back