Technical Loud squealing noise in acceleration 2013 Fiat 500L

Currently reading:
Technical Loud squealing noise in acceleration 2013 Fiat 500L

Hi all
My Fiat 500L has been making a very loud squealing noise recently and I'm struggling to identify the cause.
This does not happen on every drive. It is only happening every so often, and will primarily start mid- drive, usually whilst driving fast, over 50mph.
I think the noise appears to be coming from the front if the vehicle on the drivers side. It can be heard louder inside the car with the windows open.
Weird thing is that the noise is continuous for the duration of the drive but stops when I apply the breaks or when I turn the steering wheel, for example, to change lanes.
When I stop the car, say to pop into a shop, that seems to stop the noise then and it won't happen again for maybe a week or so.
Would say it is getting more frequently now though so keen to find an answer. Do plan on taking it to a garage but would like an idea if possible.
I've attached a video of the sound. This started whilst driving on a national speed limit road and continued for the whole journey despite slowing down. When I stopped the car the noise didn't happen again for another 2 weeks.

Or belt slip? Aux belt tho this is less likely it bears checking in case the belt is letting go. My old cookie, alternator bearings getting dry. My Laguna used to do this every few months and I would spray it with light oil and it would be fine fro a while. Worse in hot weather.

When the squealing starts try very gently braking and see if this changes or stops the noise.
Also, sometimes a sharp shove on the brakes whilst going backwards helps to re seat things.

That really sounds like brake squeal. SO forget the other suggestion. This is mostly caused by a build up of dust its not harmful but irritating and best resolved before anything sticks causing a more significant problem. A garage shuld be able to resolve this inside 1 hours labour.

Back