Doblo Lost Van keys

Currently reading:
Doblo Lost Van keys

Flemo

Hello.

I've lost my van key and don't have a spare. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do from here? I've found out that a new key needs to be reprogrammed to the vehicle but that fist dealerships charge an absolute fortune for the service. Is there any other way to do it?

Thank you

See if your house..or other insurances can offer replacement keys

A remote key is @£250.. but a basic service key is @£50

Do you have any paperwork with the key codes on ?

Some of the info is stored on the vehicles body computer.. but any locksmith would still need to cut a key blade to your lock profile and build a new key and chip

So not cheap.. thats why you get the £40 spare

Last edited:
Do you have any paperwork with the key codes on ?
Some of the info is stored on the vehicles body computer.. but any locksmith would still need to cut a key blade to your lock profile and build a new key and chip

That's the way. On my long gone VW Caddy i had a similar problem although a duplicate key service produced a mechanical spare key before.
One fine day the original key refused to start the van, and i faced the fact that i didn't have a working key left. So i bought two fitting transponders, put them in the keys, towed the van to the garage, and let them join the new transponders with the van's computer.

Pricing in Euros:
blank key off the bay: 7
shaping: 7
programming: 45

My idea is getting a spare lock with at least one fitting key off a scrapyard, double the key, buy two new transponders, fit them in, and let the garage do the rest of the job.
There's a good chance to get out with less than 100 instead of 250.

Some side-story: When i've been last time on the island i haven't had two working keys yet. I travelled through your beautiful country usually spending the nights in my van. After finishing the driving for the day i usually took a few bottles of beer. In order to let the radio work i had to put a key in the lock. Being aware of police phantasy i put the key without transponder in.
In the night Police came up watching me drinking beer while i sat in the side door. They asked some questions, came up to me, saw the key in the lock and assumed drunk driving. I asked whether i may prove that i didn't, and they allowed me to take the gear out and to pull the hand-brake. Then i started with the effect that the engine died two seconds after having been started. I asked them to try to start themselves with the same effect.
After that they went apologising and wishing a nice journey. (These Welsh policemen were very polite which i appreciated very much btw.)
So, having a key without transponder at hand might not be the worst tip for life in general.

Last edited:
Back