Technical Looking to buy a Doblo - Advice wanted

Currently reading:
Technical Looking to buy a Doblo - Advice wanted

Wolbut

Hi - this is my first post - -- hope this is posted in the right place - negotiating the various sections has made me scratch a hole in head !
I am looking to buy a Doblo passenger type -- my last vehicle died of rust ! -- my main question is how rust free do they tend to be ? - i have read somewhere that the bodies are galvanised -- does this also extend to the underneath ? -- thinking of the 1.9 diesel from about 06 to 08 -- with a max budget of £3k - bodies seem to last and engines can go high miles -- previous motors all rusted away underneath (Suzuki Carry and wagonR) -- so need a rust free bottom
Any advise much appreciated

Hi,

2006, 1.9 Multijet. 15 years old and just about the only rust I have found is a 25mm hole between the engine compartment (only visible when the battery box is removed) and nearside wheel arch. Not sure what caused it, nothing much to worry about, a dab of waxoil stopped it. Also a few of those "spider" spots under the exterior paint, fixed well enough with a bit of local sanding and a dab of touch up paint.

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron - thanks for your reply - confirms what i was hoping to hear -- it appears that car maunfactures have got on top of the rusting problems that was common in the past - just got to find one not too far away here in west Wales

Back