General Look who's come home...

Currently reading:
General Look who's come home...

You won't regret it, although I really think the cento is a bit better as a daily kick-around car. The miata requires too much work to drive. But then again, mine isn't exactly stock (187bhp, low pressure high compression turbo build, Torsen T2, close ratio 6-speed, and stage 2 clutch).

It's an unforgiving car to drive, but if you treat it nicely, it treats you nicely.

tbh my cinq is not a easy daily anymore either, its far too low and far too loud for daily duties.. Or i'm just getting too old haha.

Sounds like you have pretty much what i want lol.. I was thinking mk1 with T25 or TD04 turbo, LSD, later 1.8 diff to give slightly longer gears for better cruising and run stock compression with about 1bar of boost. I kinda want to go for more boost and power but i don't want to shell out on fully forged internals and from what i have read and been told 1bar or boost and 250lb.ft of torque is about the limit of the stock internals, or are on the mk1 1.6 engine anyway.

No idea what ecu or piggyback ecu i would use yet though.

I'm using Megasquirt, but for ease of tuning I'd definitely recommend the Link ECU! Megasquirt seems like too much of a hassle for what is basically a stock engine with turbo, unless it's a PNP.

Mine is only running half a bar of boost. I decided I wanted as much power as I could get from as less boost as I could add in, at just under 200bhp. I eventually managed that with adjustable pulleys to compensate for the excessive cam overlap on the stock cams, and I'm using one of the largest T28s for a turbo. There's only full boost after 4500 RPM, but that suits me just fine, I wanted the car to behave as similar to NA as possible.

Done talking about Barbies car? :D
Pfft! Miata... Its not even a real sports car! :D

I'm kidding, secretly i want a NA Miata :p But they're so expensive here!! :bang:
Btw blu73 what springs are you using? Ill search on you're topic, but i may not find it so... yeah... :D

well her battery has given up the ghost - it failed to start last Sunday at RetroRides Gathering, much to the amusement of loads of people in the huge queue to get in :rolleyes:

Managed to bump start it and get in the show, and then jump start at the end of the day it off Molly, my old GT, which i sold to Eklipze3k (was good to see the car again, miss that car).

New Varta battery ordered, so should be back in business in couple of days (y) The old battery is pretty old now so no huge surprise, just an annoyance it went when it went as i was in this huge line of cars at the time, tres embarrassing!!!

Was about 3.5-4 mile queue!!

well no-one seems interested so far, she may have to stay yet lol. Its always a faff selling modified cento's, more a waiting game than anything though - someone will come along that wants a decent 16v cinq - most people say its a tidy swap when they see it but there just isn't a huge market for quick cento's. Took an absolute age to sell the seiT but she has a new home and is having silly amounts of love, attention (& money!!!) thrown at it.

If anyone would like to swap for a decent condition cento thats not heavily modified or anything else send me a PM, i'm open to swaps and offers ;)

Back