Off Topic locking car with key

Currently reading:
Off Topic locking car with key

this happened to me, i thought remote key was needing new battery too, it worked after so though battery was just cold, then i read this, it was at this tesco i had the problem, nothing stolen though. http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/...rmarket_car_park_using_hi_tech_device/?ref=mr

i know we have a hidden key hole to open car but when i tried to lock car with it door kept opening.

(if you are reading this in LL its tagged as off topic in croma section)

Last edited:
i know we have a hidden key hole to open car but when i tried to lock car with it door kept opening.

(if you are reading this in LL its tagged as off topic in croma section)

When I got my new keys I thought that I would try the manual locking, but as Dave says, you can't access the lock without opening the door. I've not tried unlocking manually for fear of setting the alarm off.

That's bloody ridiculous.

Jamming involves transmitting a high-powered signal, so it should be simple for the police to call in someone with some radio gear that would take them straight to the dodgy buggers.

I should try mine out in case this happens to me. Suddenly I'm glad of the reassuring "beeeeep" on locking, which I previously thought a bit unnecessary.

You're right, and it sounds like nobody's bothering to stop them - you'd only need a decent receiver with a directional antenna, as the jammer should be like a beacon you could home in on (for someone who knew what they were doing).

I just had a play in case this happens to me. I'd never tried it or even looked at it before, so glad I did. I didn't know there are two key holes...

To lock: Forget the door handle, look at the door lock itself in the back edge of the door. Where at first glance there are four bolts holding it, there are actually three and a keyhole. Put the key in, turn it and take the key back out. Shut the door, it should be locked. You don't need to hold the handle up or anything, just shut it.

To unlock: Lift the handle, put key in keyhole, turn clockwise and back again. Take key out and let go of the handle. Now lift the handle again and it should open.

Don't know - I only tried the driver's door. I'd guess perhaps they are all the same, but I'm not sure how you'd unlock the back ones mechanically - perhaps you just need to pull the handle inside if they're only locked, not deadlocked as they are when the auto locking locks them.

Back