Technical Technical ask about key

Currently reading:
Technical Technical ask about key

Czarny93

Hi all (my first post) :)

I have a fast question

Can i start a car (croma) with only transponder?

My gut feel is yes.

The original key/fob is only a housing with protrusion to be inserted into the rotary switch.

If you poke your finger into the key switch housing then the car will resond with "key not recognised".

So if you put the transponder into a suitable shaped piece of wood or other non metalic material then you should be OK.

Note that the key switch has internal micro switches for the mechanical part of the mechanism so the shape of the shaped piece of wood may be fairly critical.

I've not fully dismantled a Croma key casing so I do not know if the transponder chip is in the tip of the key or on the circuit board.

I would try putting the transponder key on top of the switch assembly and then insert your finger and see what car tell you.

Any one have other information?

I want duplicate transponder from orginal key and do another key for only start.

Hi,
S130 is correct you can start it with a transponder and a suitably shaped piece of wood. There are two different sized keys for the Croma, the earlier ones (06 and earlier?) are smaller. You can get replacement cases on ebay bu tey all seem to be th larger size. The transponder chip is the glass tube type and is glued to the remote control circuit board. Obviously the transponder must be programmed to the car.

Robert G8RPI.

Last edited:
Thx Robert

But croma have PCF7941, this transponder dont need power form battery? Is not in glass, or croma have another immobilozer in circleboard?

Soo if i duplicate orginal transponder i need code to car computer? Maby know how or in what program?

Back