Technical Croma -07 Dashboard fuse box Relay T12 constantly activating (with bonus Veh.Prot.Sys flashing randomly)

Currently reading:
Technical Croma -07 Dashboard fuse box Relay T12 constantly activating (with bonus Veh.Prot.Sys flashing randomly)

QaZu

A puzzling problem here. I reversed my car to a slot while it was raining, so the rear wiper activated automatically. No problem, let it go to rest and shut off.
-> 20 minutes later I come back and start up. Instant rapid rattling from the dashboard and the rear wiper is having a life of its own. Windscreen wipers don't respond to commands all the time and work intermittently and/or turn at changing speeds as if the amount of power delivered is changing.

I shut off and yanked the rear wiper fuse off, no change to the relay activity. At this point the Vehicle Protection System check light starts to act its Morse code phase in life, randomly flashing. Sometimes several times every few seconds, sometimes stays on or off for a minute and everything in between.

Then I yank the T12 relay that was making all the noise (don't have a picture, dashboard fuse box's bottom middle red one) and all seems to be fine, except for the wipers and interior air system having no power. I reinstalled it and the problem persisted.

Car is currently sitting at the repair shop, but they're *so* busy at the moment that can barely even look at it this week.

Could low batter voltage cause this? Possible grounding issue? The relay deciding to make its final sprint? Or a more severe inner wiring issue? Anyone got any ideas or schematics to look at?

Cheers,
Qaz

Back