Styling LED Boot Strip

Currently reading:
Styling LED Boot Strip

U V11NNY

Hi Guys and Gals,

I don't know if anybody knows about car electrics but I can hardly see in my boot with the stock light.

So i purchased an LED strip (about 8" long) it lights up (just) but was wondering why it it doesn't turn on to its full potential?

any help would be greatly received :)

Hi Guys and Gals,

I don't know if anybody knows about car electrics but I can hardly see in my boot with the stock light.

So i purchased an LED strip (about 8" long) it lights up (just) but was wondering why it it doesn't turn on to its full potential?

any help would be greatly received :)

Did you connect it to the existing boot light? I admittedly used a separate feed to two 48 led light panels that are really bright, check your strip buy connecting it straight to the battery, if output is poor try leaving out the original boot light bulb and 're try

Hi John,

thanks for the advice. at the moment i have only tried to connect the negative and positive directly from the LED strip to the original wiring for the boot light. Would you recommend putting the original bulb in and ALSO having the LED's running from that?

many thanks

Hi John,

thanks for the advice. at the moment i have only tried to connect the negative and positive directly from the LED strip to the original wiring for the boot light. Would you recommend putting the original bulb in and ALSO having the LED's running from that?

many thanks

*UPDATE*
I have just gone and connected it directly to the battery and it lights up at full power

*UPDATE*
I have just gone and connected it directly to the battery and it lights up at full power
then there´s no reason it should not do that from the boot light connector.
There are adapters available that simulate a T10 bulb, so it can be plugged right into the existing socket. The LED may be polarity sensitive, try both ways.

Its something i have thought about for ages! i have some resistors on the way as well just to see if they do anything. will definitely keep you posted!

I like this idea. When you’ve sussed it can you tell us how and show us a picture and preferably a link to where you got it?

Look up on EBay 12v 48 5050 led light panel they're about £1.30 each and very bright.
Not the Fiat but I used black faced red led light strip up the side of the doors and white along the bottom edge.(picture sideways)

Attachments

• 20190302_211229.jpg
    20190302_211229.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I got a pair of these off eBay and fitted them to the Stilo boot light wiring. Pretty bright and the only thing is that I am at the mercy of the lighting control of the car. I was thinking about fitting a on & off switch, to give me the better control.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190612-081133.jpg
    Screenshot_20190612-081133.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 25
I got a pair of these off eBay and fitted them to the Stilo boot light wiring. Pretty bright and the only thing is that I am at the mercy of the lighting control of the car. I was thinking about fitting a on & off switch, to give me the better control.

Use a relay and separate feed(from the battery) then you can switch any load? Be sure to use a blocking diodereverse polarity) across the relay coil.

Back