Technical Leaky turbo ?

Currently reading:
Technical Leaky turbo ?

Ryan J

I saw some residue around the turbo and I’m a bit worried it might be a leak , nothing is coming out , it all looks like dry residue , any tips , thanks in advance

Attachments

• 82398dbb-0091-44d3-8221-264471041425.jpeg
    82398dbb-0091-44d3-8221-264471041425.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 75
A lot of tubos allow oil to pass the bearing seals. I think after a few miles some weepage is inevitable and this ends up outside as you can see, Its not ideal but if the car drives OK and you are not getting smoke leave it well alone.. Youn coukd use a little engine cleaner and a rag to make it look better. There are no user serviceable items in there. You can fit an oil catch can into the system if it develops but at the moment there would be no benefit to doing anything and it will probably do many more miles. Just change the oil regularly and use a fully synthetic oil.

A lot of tubos allow oil to pass the bearing seals. I think after a few miles some weepage is inevitable and this ends up outside as you can see, Its not ideal but if the car drives OK and you are not getting smoke leave it well alone.. Youn coukd use a little engine cleaner and a rag to make it look better. There are no user serviceable items in there. You can fit an oil catch can into the system if it develops but at the moment there would be no benefit to doing anything and it will probably do many more miles. Just change the oil regularly and use a fully synthetic oil.
Thank you very much for your advice I appreciate that , also for some reason the engine bay in the dirtiest part of the car 😂 the whole car looks brand new other then the stupid worn badge logos

Ah , I forgot to say sometimes when I start the car , sometimes I smell quite a bit of petrol in the cabin , my left a/c actuator flap isn’t working so maybe that’s what it is

Back