£6500 what next?

Currently reading:
£6500 what next?

I'm not sure which way to jump regarding cars at the moment, I could blow an awful lot of cash on my aged (but modified) Punto. Or I could buy some different wheels. Please no mx5s I'm 50+ and can't stand grey haired old men (me) in mx5s and the like. Think coupe or big bang for your bucks..if its likely to be collectible so much the better. Oh, and its not an every day driver....:)

Stilo.. nobody will have one in a few years so will be instant classic :)

How about a very nice coupe 20vt plus or LE? £6500 will leave plenty for maintenance and some tasteful tweeks.

Noticed where you posted - Does it have to be non-Fiat?

blow it all on the punto,

:ROFLMAO: x10 :D

ok, in all honesty, with your budget, and considering your age and requirements, the best car for you just so happens to be my 2nd favorite car of all time.

Integra Type R
95.08-integra-3d-typer.jpg

car_photo_213207_7.jpg

yes its a very raw racer, and you need to have big balls to pull it off, but you do get one of the best cars ever made as far as enthsiastic driving is corcerned and you also enjoy honda reliablity and build quality.

I'm not sure which way to jump regarding cars at the moment, I could blow an awful lot of cash on my aged (but modified) Punto. Or I could buy some different wheels. Please no mx5s I'm 50+ and can't stand grey haired old men (me) in mx5s and the like. Think coupe or big bang for your bucks..if its likely to be collectible so much the better. Oh, and its not an every day driver....:)

£6500 for a car that is quick, but is not an everyday driver, but more importantly is an icon that makes you smile every time you look at it never mind drive it and will go up in value over time it has to be either a very clean 16V integrale or even a nice clean maybe not exactly concourse but its still EVO1 integrale that may give you more pleasure from as it needs a little tidy here and there and will probably always be worth more than a 16V.

Some examples of which can be found here http://www.lanciasport.com/ but two examples I extacted.

16V reduced from £6500 to £5500
http://www.lihou.myzen.co.uk/cars_for_sale/16vnero/16vnero.htm
image001.jpg

Or EVO1 £6000
http://www.lihou.myzen.co.uk/cars_for_sale/evo1nero/evo1nero.htm
image001.jpg

Stilo.. nobody will have one in a few years so will be instant classic :)

How about a very nice coupe 20vt plus or LE? £6500 will leave plenty for maintenance and some tasteful tweeks.

Noticed where you posted - Does it have to be non-Fiat?

Nope, and a coupe is on the shortlist but this'll be the last time (;)) I'll spend money on a 'toy' so the mrs says get something special, coupe might be it!

Rev 4 MR2 Turbo. Serious amount of bang for your buck :D
Hmmm you seem to be slightly biased :cool: Hadn't thought that way, I'll look.

Supercharged Pu... ok maybe go with one of the other ones :p

:D :eek: Trouble is I could easily blow a further 6k on my punt, all I wanna do with that is finish it, spray it, and play for awhile.

how about blow 4k on a fast road car and 2k on a weekend warrior?
i keep hankering over a mk3 cav turbo again. getting rare as everybody seems to break em as they make more cash than as a whole
Nope not a cavalier, sorry.

blow it all on the punto,

:ROFLMAO: x10 :D

ok, in all honesty, with your budget, and considering your age and requirements, the best car for you just so happens to be my 2nd favorite car of all time.
yes its a very raw racer, and you need to have big balls to pull it off, but you do get one of the best cars ever made as far as enthsiastic driving is corcerned and you also enjoy honda reliablity and build quality. [/COLOR]

Research is now taking place....
£6500 for a car that is quick, but is not an everyday driver, but more importantly is an icon that makes you smile every time you look at it never mind drive it and will go up in value over time it has to be either a very clean 16V integrale or even a nice clean maybe not exactly concourse but its still EVO1 integrale that may give you more pleasure from as it needs a little tidy here and there and will probably always be worth more than a 16V.
Beautiful car but not for me, don't know why :eek: Iconic though, yes!

Anymore?

every though of going down the toyota way? i personally own a toyota celica GT4. and i must admit. it blew my intera type R away. nice leather interior AWD, and a nice 2.0L turbo.

get something thats RWD or AWD. more fun for a toy!!

Ideas?
Old gits like me are out of the flow yer see :p
I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now and I keep coming back to the coupe Surely there must be other cars? Or am I being blinkered?

Shortlist

Alfa GTV
Coupe 20vt (le or plus.):p
Integra
944 (thats an outsider) Now a non runner. I've just read its the male menopausal choice, thats to close to home!
GT4 ?

Back