£6500 what next?

Currently reading:
£6500 what next?

I assume you mean 88k! Lol.

QUOTE]

Cheers, blagged a drive in it, oddly not that impressed - it felt claustrauphobic and the offered trade in was pitiful, so moved on. (n)

Found a spotless GT Celica £5000, new import 94 - but again, spotless, 50000 miles - jap service history :confused:

it really is spotless immaculate inside and out. I waited and looked pensive then said I wanted £5000 for mine (book is 3900 but it has a scrape down the side and several dimples in the boot) he looked around it and offered £4500 :)

I'm trying to get information now, the engine is the 2 litre and he states 189bhp but the net says 130 bhp?

Anyone help?

Its got the lot, climate control etc.

If it is correct I give him my dented ford focus and £500 :) tomorrow.

Latest celicas are 189 not old 2.0 NA,
Thought about a X308 XJR?
400 hp, 60 in 5 170+ MPH
5 grand will get you a good one, use change to get new springs and shockers and you have a superb car that will do 28ish mpg cruise up mway and will leave most in it rear view mirror on any road no matter how hard they try.
Also one of coolest cars ever in black on 18's

Latest celicas are 189 not old 2.0 NA,
Thought about a X308 XJR?
400 hp, 60 in 5 170+ MPH
5 grand will get you a good one, use change to get new springs and shockers and you have a superb car that will do 28ish mpg cruise up mway and will leave most in it rear view mirror on any road no matter how hard they try.
Also one of coolest cars ever in black on 18's

Lovely car! But not quite me. Tbh I was really taken with this Celica as it looked like a brand new car. I could also let my wife loose in it! Although that would probably mean I'd end up driving her Panda. If the Celica is a 180 BHP + car it will be spot on for what I want. And I can spend more on the Punto then :) er not sure if thats a good idea:confused:

1994 MR2 2.0 16v's were 173bhp standard. Dont know if they'd use same engine as the celica...

Yes the same engine. Problem comes from the lower spec ST and US cars which were different specs.
It seems the GT was 173 as well.
0 -60 is 8.9 so quick enough, big enough, love the looks. I inherited the Focus so it cost me nothing and the best trade in I've been offered is 2500 so far.Fantastic colour. Would I buy the celica car for £500? ummm (y)

And its not boy racer land...is it? As my Punto is boy racer I don't want 2 :).

I feel a personal plate and bingo (y)

Thanks for your comments everyone you've been a big help. Still haven't checked out a GTV or MR2 91 to 99 though.:cry:

okay, after much digging, phone calls, and bugging a few buddys, we have all come to the conclusion that you have the later 3S-GT the JDM variant produceing 180-190hp at the flywheel. well atleast we think, waiting for a phonecall from our hookup in tokyo. will let you know his input.

okay, after much digging, phone calls, and bugging a few buddys, we have all come to the conclusion that you have the later 3S-GT the JDM variant produceing 180-190hp at the flywheel. well atleast we think, waiting for a phonecall from our hookup in tokyo. will let you know his input.

Whooooo eeeeee

Tokyo? :cool:

JDM? is that good :) lol JDM (Japanese domestic market ) lol took me ages to figure that!

Do you reckon a good buy then?
Again thanks,

Last edited:
got the vin/chasis number? its a dead give away when thats available.

I shall get that tomorrow. :)

Cooling down now, I was quite excited there for a while :) Man of my years, I could have a palpitation with all these thrills. Still like it though, only yellow one I've seen.

Dave, done some more digging for you mate, its a JDM spec, left japan due to emissions failure (very strict in japan, all '94 celicas that have been exported failed jap emissions) so you sir have one hell of a car within your reach. and yes its the 3S-GE. and with some minor bolt on's can become a 3S-GTE. :D

Dave, done some more digging for you mate, its a JDM spec, left japan due to emissions failure (very strict in japan, all '94 celicas that have been exported failed jap emissions) so you sir have one hell of a car within your reach. and yes its the 3S-GE. and with some minor bolt on's can become a 3S-GTE. :D

(y) (y) (y)
No often I feel it works in my favour
Only trouble is I've just got a bill for the Punto.... going on 2.3 grand ouch:bang:
Still I'd better buy it I suppose ...;) Phoned the bloke, he told me ss2.

Back