£6500 what next?

Currently reading:
£6500 what next?

The MR2 coupe is beautiful!

Alfa GTV
Coupe 20vt (le or plus.)
Integra
944 (thats an outsider) Now a non runner. I've just read its the male menopausal choice, thats to close to home!
GT4 ?
MR2 MK2 :yum:

Hmmm you seem to be slightly biased :cool: Hadn't thought that way, I'll look.

The MR2 coupe is beautiful!

Alfa GTV
Coupe 20vt (le or plus.)
Integra
944 (thats an outsider) Now a non runner. I've just read its the male menopausal choice, thats to close to home!
GT4 ?
MR2 MK2 :yum:

;) Possibly biased, though only as much as anyone else as i've had this same dilemma albeit with a smaller budget and well i made my choice :)

The tubby MR2's (only worth looking rev 3+ imo) are amazing, so much bang for your buck as well, 0-60 as standard in 5.2 seconds. very easily taken below the 5 second mark. And great looker to boot :)

Had a drive of a turbo when i was deciding what to do with my choice, ended going n/a due to age and mortgage etc, but soon enough it'll be a turbo. The acceleration and thrill of driving it is just insane :cool:

p.s. just to clarify i do mean the Mk2 not the Mk1 or the MR-S :)

If you want to stay Italian, rare, classic and it's currently still within your budget:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

For £6.5K you can pick up an immaculate Strada Abarth 130TC.

4 wheel drive? 80's Rally Slags can be had with your budget:

Audi Quattro
Sierra Cosworth 4x4
Nissan Sunny/ Pulsar GTiR

and as already mentioned the Delta Integrale is in that price range.

You can also pick up classic exotica - lower end Ferraris and Maseratis, possibly some Astons. The servicing and spares bills may cost just as much though!

Lucky you to have a menopausal £6.5K to spend on a 'recapture your youth' phallic symbol :p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Forget the RWD and get a Barchetta - if you want a fun toy that's easy to mod and a bit more exclusive than run of the mill cars then you cannot go wrong.

For 6.5k you could get a reasonable MK2 or very good MK1 and bag some change............food for thought............?

If you want to stay Italian, rare, classic and it's currently still within your budget:

Audi Quattro
Sierra Cosworth 4x4
Nissan Sunny/ Pulsar GTiR

and as already mentioned the Delta Integrale is in that price range.
Lucky you to have a menopausal £6.5K to spend on a 'recapture your youth' phallic symbol :p

Audi well, I'll check.
Waiting for a house to sell, no, thats wrong. The house is sold I'm waiting for completion, should be 2 weeks.

Forget the RWD and get a Barchetta - if you want a fun toy that's easy to mod and a bit more exclusive than run of the mill cars then you cannot go wrong.

For 6.5k you could get a reasonable MK2 or very good MK1 and bag some change............food for thought............?

Nope, my short grey hair won't blow in the breeze. ;)
My wife would like it though :cool:
Besides I could borrow my boys mx5. When its finally ready:(

Not for me but...

E30 M3 first series, even a first series M5

190E Merc

Porsche 928

How about a classic Alfa Spider ...not quick but oh so cool :cool:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
food for thought.... this is an older GT4 F reg (1989)

Attachments

• IMAGE_027.jpg
    IMAGE_027.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAGE_029.jpg
    IMAGE_029.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 17
Nice! Cant find any locally at the mo.

good luck finding one local, they are a pig to find, let alone one thats local. i was lucky enough to find this gem 40 miles away from me. the guy who i bough it from traveld 300+ miles to get her. very rare now, but god you cant help but smile when you drive it.

if you want i can keep an eye out for you.

Ok research in progress, hmm never thought of myself as in a merc!

The Merc 190 'E' series Cosworth can be had for next to nothing these days. Get the later 2.5 engine as the 2.3 had a habit of cracking exhaust manifolds regularly. They're totally unique to that model so not cheap! Quite a discreet looking car and very rorty to drive. Plus you get RWD (y)

good luck finding one local, they are a pig to find, let alone one thats local. i was lucky enough to find this gem 40 miles away from me. the guy who i bough it from traveld 300+ miles to get her. very rare now, but god you cant help but smile when you drive it.

if you want i can keep an eye out for you.

Yep please do, I'm in no rush although I'm going to look at an mr2 tomorrow :)

The Merc 190 'E' series Cosworth can be had for next to nothing these days. Get the later 2.5 engine as the 2.3 had a habit of cracking exhaust manifolds regularly. They're totally unique to that model so not cheap! Quite a discreet looking car and very rorty to drive. Plus you get RWD (y)

Ok off we go again.

so you want something modern, and sensible, but still quick, but not so new that it costs a lot, but not so mundane that it becomes the everyday driver? and it has to be factory quick, not garage modified quick?

erm, give me a while to think.

it doesn't tick the modern box's, but it hits other boxs for me at least....

audi coupe 5pot (you'll never get a working UR tub for under £15k now :(
saab 900 aero kitted carllson, or vice versa. real one, not no GM shizzle.
porkie 944tub, american 944tub (MUCH nicer interior, and were made up till '94/95?)
celica gt4/trd/later st205
mr2 turbo, everyones got one (n)
saab 9-3 viggen/aero + remap = quicker than ALL above :yum: and viggens only come in sexy 2door coupe, and electric blue and pikachu yellow :slayer: or convertable. but £6.5k will only get you a bumper off a cab viggen :(

must voice caution on the celica gt4 ST205. most of the 205's are in the hands of boy racers, so will be hard to find an unmolested/abused one. ST185's are a nice blend of old and new, and are normaly not in hands of boy racers, or ST165's (my one in the pics) are generaly owned by purests and car lovers so are very well taken care for. for GT4's see what engine work has been done. if it has roughly 80K on it and no engine work, stay FAR away from it. it will be a ticking time bomb.

what set of cars haven't been abused>

its either chavs with too much money, school mums running em without oil till they seize. bad garages, sludging, lack of general maintance, him next door who washs it so hard theres no paint left etc etc,,,

theres always a good example out there. just depends how long/how desperatly you want a certain car.

Back